Americas Best Value Inn - Port Jefferson Station
Danford's Hotel & Marina(Port Jefferson)
US$300
US$255
  • Restaurant
US$166
US$141
US$138
HIExpress.com
Three Village Inn(Stony Brook)
US$261
Comfort Inn(Medford)
US$114
US$147
Fairfield Inn
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our family of three added a day to our stay in the area and our original hotel did not have an available room so we opted for this nearby motel. The room was very clean, my husband said it smelled of the beach, not an offensive smell at all to us. The beds were comfortable, there was an extremely comfortable chair with ottoman, microwave and mini-fridge all for about $100.00. Air conditioning worked well. That seemed to be a very reasonable price for a room in the area, 20 dollars less per night than we paid for a multi day stay nearby and a third of the price for our one night NYC downtown stay. Literally every staff member we saw greeted us, were friendly and courteous. As a place to stop and sleep I can highly it, for an economical base close to LIRR station, beautiful Port Jefferson and Wildwood State Park, I would visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Rajen P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Port Jefferson Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a nice review! We are working hard on our property and we think know that you will enjoy our improvements on your next visit. This Spring we are adding all new furniture, new carpeting, bedding and lamps. It will be very modern and up to date. We always appreciate guests like you and will always welcome our guests with a smile! Thanks again...we look forward to seeing you again! Safe travels.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

All I can say when I checked in I had to use the bathroom and I found to my surprise several Turds floating in the toilet.What the hell? Did you clean the room? There was also no toilet paper and someone used the towels to wipe their AZZ!!! I would rather stay in a Dumpster.What a Dump!! Flush this Toilet of a hotel !!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Brakas726

As you can see by all of the reviews, our hotel is very well maintained and are proud of our housekeeping. We are not sure what you are referring to here, but the only thing I could think of is that maybe a housekeeper let you into a room that was not yet cleaned. This is not a reflection on our housekeeping.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Recently, my fiancée and I have had to stay here while our apt gets rebuilt. The first night we stayed, I was a little hesitant BC the bathroom was a Lil a smelly. The next few times I stayed I had multiple problems. I stepped on a rusty nail...it was just on the floor idk how a house keeper wouldn't see it while cleaning the room. The ntime we stayed, I dropped my phone next to the bed n when I grabbed it, I found a CRACK PIPE ...!!! It was a small thin glass pipe with black white and yellow residue inside... I couldn't imagine if a child would have picked that up, it was repulsive. When I addressed the staff about both problems, they were nasty and told me to go stay somewhere else. One man that works behind the desk, named Rick, actually blamed me for the crack pipe! I was completely appalled and have never witnessed such nasty, down right horrible service. A final complaint would be, the rate on the room was one thing on the phone n then ended up being $30 more expensive when we got there. After the problems we experienced we had no choice but to stay one last time, we just couldn't afford the other hotel, the man Rick, charged us $90 for the rm and a $90 deposit-this is unheard of.... When I asked for the managers name and number he refused to give it to me.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank lmcxc9
Rajen P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Port Jefferson Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

We are sorry that you did not find your stay an enjoyable one. First of all when you stayed the first time, we never had a complaint from you for a "smelly" room, but would have been glad to have placed you in another room to your liking. We are not sure why you didn't tell us if you were so uncomfortable. When you called us that there was a nail on the floor, you never produced the nail for us, but even offered you a trip to the hospital if you were injured. You denied any help...not even a bandaid. We were also never shown a crack pipe, so again, there was nothing we could do. The rate quoted over the phone was the rate issued at check-in and would never raise the rate to a guest coming in...that would just be immoral...and we would not stay in business very long if that's how we conducted ourselves. You have been back several times and we've had approve the room now before you accept it to avoid any discontent. We hope you have been happier with your visits.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The room is clean and the service is good. But there is no toothbrush or anything, so take your own. The location is...i have to say is really not that good. To get to New York downtown i had to ride the train for 2hrs. But there is a CVS near there, so pretty convenient if you want to buy anything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your kind words about our service and cleanliness. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, we cannot change the commute to New York City, but many guests stay with us so they can commute to downtown and save on the room rate! We are not sure that you know this, but there is a lot more than a CVS on the corner. We have a specialty supermarket, woman's clothing store, Chinese rest, Italian rest, liquor store and multi-cinema right across the street! And coming soon is LA Fitness! We hope you come back to see us soon, now that the weather is better you can enjoy walking around downtown Port Jefferson and its shops and eateries!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I had a very negative experience with this motel some years ago when it was called the Terryville Motor Lodge (or something similar). Would never have returned had other rooms been available in the area. I did my research on TripAdvisor and the reviews were mixed enough for me to elect to stay there. It was under new management. Yes, the desk clerks were pleasant enough. BUT the office and guest rooms were musty smelling and not clean. I strongly recommend that guests opt for the nearby Holiday Inn Express even though the rate is considerably higher.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Evelyn57

We are very happy that you chose to stay at AmericAs Best Value Inn when given the bad experience you had in the past under the old ownership. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the your stay though. We cannot explain the musty office or rooms, but we can assure you we would've taken care of it had we smelled the same odor and knew where it might be coming from. After taking over this property, we have made constant upgrades and improvements and we are still moving on these. This year we are installing new carpeting, new bed linens, draperies and new 32" flat screen TV's! We know you will love the improvements and hope you will give us another try! We are proud to be part of this brand and are doing our best to please every guest!