“Place should be closed down.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Jervis
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The mold and mildew is horrible. Allergies got bad. Should be closed down for health reasons. Carpets not cleaned. Incorrect number of towels. A general sense of yuck about the hallway and our room. Too tired that night to find another hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gardenatraveler
Daysinn1PortJervis, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Port Jervis

Reviewed 8 September 2011

This is a nice hotel,Rooms are clean and comfortable and has a real friendly little bar with some local characters.The only thing that bothered me was the fire doors as they were badly in need of replacing

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

My wife and myself stayed there for a night on two occasions.The first time we had a discount coupon that the clerk excepted but was not enthused about it and the second time we had no coupon and paid the full price.However the room was good .My biggest complaint was the bad attitude which may have been because we had Canadian plates.I would hate to think that was the reason.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

On May 28 th we have stayed for one night at the Days Inn Port Jervis.
The desk clerk was more interested in watching TV in the lobby than to help us with the check-in.
There was a bad smell in the hallway – but the smell in our room was even worse. Although the room was obviously renovated, the fresh paint was crumbling down the blotched ceiling which was contorted by numerous water damages.

To makes things even worse the weather very hot and humid and the air conditioning was out of order and the windows were locked. No chance to get the rotten air out of the room.

The desk clerk was rather ignorant about our instantly reported complaints and did neither provide us with another room nor would contact a technician, nor noticed our problems.
The des desk clerk on duty next morning was completely surprised about our complaints. We asked for compensation, but the manager was not on duty. We have send our complaints again per email to hotel manager, but got no response yet.

We have made many road trips in the US and we expected not much, only a dry and clean place to sleep for one night. But that is not what you can find in the days Inn Port Jervis.
My advice: Choose the Super 8 at East Stroudsburg. Helpful staff, clean&dry rooms, functioning airconditioning, no filthy smells and that for mu

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 June 2011

The first room we were shown had a leak in the ceiling and a soggy rug. The next one was better, thankfully there were spare rooms. The breakfast was not exceptional. For a Friday night, it was reasonably quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 23 May 2011

This was a one-night stop-over on a run from Boston to Indiana. We arrived about 9:30 PM and were met by a friendly, helpful desk clerk. Although clean, the motel has seen better days and needs serious, major refurbishment. The paint was flaking and scarred and the rugs worn. The room was quiet, but the bed was a bit saggy. The TV reception was snowy on the few channels that came in. The Wi-Fi worked well.
I would probably stop here again for one night if I had to, but I wouldn't spend two.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2011

This Days Inn is not living up to the Days Inn standard.

The rooms smell old and damp. The staff is unpleasant and not helpful at all when everything was missing from the breakfast you expect for a Days Inn. They only had bagels, butter and jam - but no knives!

Not even very cheap, this motel is very poor value - I would stay elsewhere another time, regardless of the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 6 in Milford
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek

Been to Days Inn Port Jervis? Share your experiences!