“Good quality Italian-American food available family style.”
Review of Mamma Lucia's

Mamma Lucia's
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice restaurant. They had a full-house but the service was still very good.

Don't expect high-end Italian. Very much more Italian-American. A significant step up from the typical "red sauce or white sauce with that pasta" kind of restaurant.

Portions are huge - even for the single servings. But there is a nice option to order plates family-sized. Fosters sharing and sampling everyone's choices.

Worth a return trip.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is our *Go To* ! spot, traveling to and fro Clarkson University to pick up/visit/ or drop off our son- The staff and service are very friendly and accommodating- and not only is everything we've had there Delicous! , it's homemade and the portions are HUGE. ONE meatball for 2 people is plenty. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Can't wait til next time!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Service was great, food came fairly quickly, fresh bread with your meal, many choices to choose from, price was resonable, everyone in my group was pleased with their meal. Will visit again when I am in the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The dining choices in Potsdam are limited. This is one of the better places but if it was in my home town I would never eat here. I ordered the broccoli alfredo. The broccoli was pretty much raw and was served with very long stems that had to be cut off before I could eat it. It was very difficult to cut the stems off because they were so hard. The "alfredo" sauce did not taste at all like parmesan cheese and was the consistency of milk. There was over a cup of this sauce in the bowl, it was like eating soup with a fork. My daughter had the basil lemon chicken and liked it. The service was slow even though it was not crowded.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We enjoyed our pizzas at Mamma Lucia's when we stayed in Potsdam. The server and host were friendly and welcoming. We were investigating a nearby college and our server (a current student) lingered to chat about his time there. We ate outside, which added to the relaxed feeling.

Unfortunately, many others also wanted the pizza, so it took a while to get the food, but it was worth the wait.