“Small rooma”

Scottish Inns Potsdam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Convienant to everything in Potsdam but rooms very small. I guess for the price they were adequate because i didn't spend alot of time in my room. Coffee and small pick of breakfast in AM was welcomed. I'd stay again for only a couple days!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nbarone

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had a really nice stay here. It wasn't busy during my stay. And I thought the price was a bit high considering it was still off season, but it is OK.

The family that runs the place is nice. My room (and others I glanced at) were decorated nicely and well maintained. Being an older place there was a little bit of a mix of old style and new, but if you're that picky, pay even more for another place down the road.

I enjoyed the breakfast, use of their computer, dining out at the picnic tables at sunset.

Room Tip: No differences between units that I saw.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

The sheets were still damp, we got a late check in becouse we worked a prom till 6:30am, they said they would let us have a late check out for more money.. They were pounding on the walls at 11:30
In the morning. They knew we were in there. I jumped out of bed and went out side and they said they we fixing A/c in room next to us.. I was very mad.. We told them, I am so mad.. Don't ever come to this place.. Drive far away!!! Trust me!!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Shawnleelarock
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Great night spent here. Gave it 5 stars for the value at a reasonable rate. Expected no Wifi, or microwave or fridge. Had everything! Wifi worked consistently all night, which was good as I'm working on some research.

Also have a large, mellow dog, who is shunned by most hotels/motels due to her size - even though I'm an experienced dog handler, and she is very quiet.

Yes, the room/place was dated, but everything brought up to snuff comfort wise. Bring a sweater if it's cool out - takes a few minutes for the heaters to kick in, but they work fine. Mattresses are memory foam topped. I'm also used to a firm one, but very much enjoy the change at places that use these. Still very comfy to me.

Only issue was the rowdy working fellows returning from a night out, but they settled down within a half hour, and were out early. Other than that, very quiet and friendly. Also a Walmart Supercenter a minute away if you're out of anything. Even the cable TV had more channels than most chains.

Have to return to do more research. Will stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Rooms were updated and remodeled. Wifi worked great. Large flat screen TV was a plus. Beds were very comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Hot water never ran out even with five of us. Even through a bad winter storm, the room was very comfortable and the staff made every effort to assist the guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I sometimes worry about using a non-chain hotel. This hotel was a nice surprise. Although a little dated, the room was very clean. The bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was toast, cereal, or a wrapped banana muffin, but I never eat the continental breakfast anyway.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trishmary37
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Limited options in the area and other locations above what work will pay for. Rooms are old and run down although had flat screen tvs. Bathroom and carpets were dirty and had to drive over snow several times to create a parking space. Staff was nice and helpful but if given the choice would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Potsdam Inn
Best Western University Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Massena

Been to Scottish Inns Potsdam? Share your experiences!