“Clean, comfortable room”

Scottish Inns Potsdam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The inn is actually a motel along a highway. I was not impressed with it at first but then realized it was clean and comfortable. It had a dorm style refrigerator and small microwave. There were 2 queen size beds, 2 chairs, a desk, bureau and a TV. Bathroom was small but adequate. The breakfast area could be improved a bit. There was a couch but no table. There was cereal, juice, fruit, coffee (only caffeinated) and individually prepackaged donuts and danishes. It was a good value for the money ($65 a night).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nothing else really around Potsdam. Went up for orientation of Suny Potsdam so we weren't in the room all that much. It had a basic set up, two beds, small bathroom with small shower but it was clean and it served it's purpose. No, I don't really like staying in rooms like this but I have to say the bed was really comfortable. Bad pillows, flat and you should bring your own if you can. The price was reasonable for what we got. Things seem more expensive up there in Potsdam and not sure why since it's in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, would I stay again? Yes if I had to but I already booked the Clarkston Inn for the next visit.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed one night in a double bedded, non-smoking room while our eldest daughter had an overnight at a local college. We brought our 9lb Havanese which they charged an extra $15. This motel is small and basic but completely met our needs for our stay. It was a cold winter night and our room was plenty warm. Check in was easy and our room was spotless. I'm sure we will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Scottish Inns Potsdam is a good small motel. Close to shopping it was a good inexpensive place to stay for a quick visit. The rooms were clean, large LCD TV ... free wi-fi ... and the thing that impressed me was that I purchased through Hotels dot com and there was a no cancellation polity within 24 hours. But we had an ice storm hit and the owners there understood and let me change the date to New Years Eve ... same price, no extra charge!!

I will stay there next time I visit Potsdam!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Under new management and newly renovated. Room I occupied was of a good size for one or two. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, new flat screen TV was wall mounted and excellent for watching from bed. There was ample room to place suite cases, Room was "L" shaped with bottom section having a decent size desk and two sitting chairs. Motel was operated by a family (I believe) and were friendly and available. My only problem, and it is really just a point, my room was on the far end of one wing and it took a long time for hot water to arrive, it does arrive but you have watched a good 15 gallons go down the drain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here en route from Washington DC to Quebec. Clean, quiet (even though we were in the room next to the reception), excellent bathroom. Although the rooms are small, the proprietors have taken steps such as installing flat-screen TVs (a lot of places haven't done this!) to free up wardrobe-top space. A good work table, though not big enough to spread out a lot of papers.

Downside (after a long day of driving): It's far enough outside Potsdam that you have to rely on your car to get around, you can't just walk into town.

Room Tip: There's no way to choose a "better" room as this is a classic motel with all rooms fac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Convienant to everything in Potsdam but rooms very small. I guess for the price they were adequate because i didn't spend alot of time in my room. Coffee and small pick of breakfast in AM was welcomed. I'd stay again for only a couple days!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nbarone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Potsdam Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Massena
Best Western University Inn

Been to Scottish Inns Potsdam? Share your experiences!