Clarkson Inn
US$143
US$139
Hampton.com
Northern Family Motel(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
US$110
Potsdam Inn(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$71
Priceline
US$140
US$129
Best Western University Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$75
QualityInn
US$153
US$148
All reviewsthe riversuny potsdamwithin walking distancethe general managerhigh teacharming hotelrooms are largeno elevatorin townmovie theaterbreakfast buffet isbeautiful parkpersonal letterplace to stayice bucketcoffee and teacookies
Reviewed 9 February 2014

As a graduate from Clarkson University - I can remember staying at this hotel when first visiting the campus with my family as a junior in high school in 2002. I returned to the Clarkson Inn this past weekend while attending the Clarkson v. Union hockey game with my significant other.

I had first requested an early check in and was accommodated no problem by the staff. Was greeted by the women at the front desk and was shown our room location. Luckily we were only staying one night but for anyone who was carrying more then a couple bags or the elderly I would imagine it would be difficult to get your bags up to your room as there is no elevator only a stairwell.

Rooms are dated but very clean and quant. Service was fantastic through and through. Surprisingly it's one of the cheaper high end hotels (I use the word high end in Potsdam very lightly, there are some really sketchy spots to spend the night other then the big chain hotels and the Clarkson Inn).

I'm looking forward to spending some time next year at the Clarkson Inn when we return for our annual Clarkson hockey game.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I just wanted to say "thank you" for our wonderful stay this weekend. It was our first visit to your hotel and I can not begin to tell you what a nice, relaxing time we had!! From the front desk right down to the housekeeping staff ... it was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

It was such a pleasure to stay in such a nice hotel and for such a reasonable price. The Clarkson Inn is clean and warm and nicely decorated. My room was warm...it was -14 outside at the time, there was fresh ice in the bucket, a small snack and a bottled water waiting for me.
Haley, at the front desk, was very helpful with dinner suggestions and just a nice person to speak with in general.
Breakfast, the next morning, was a very nice continental breakfast, eggs to order, as well as all of the usual breakfast breads, oatmeal, fresh fruit. The tables were set with linen table cloths, real silverware and china place settings. Coffee was served in a china cup with a saucer.
I will be back. Thank you for such a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed on a Saturday night after bringing our daughter back to SUNY Potsdam. We also went to see a Clarkson Hockey game. The hotel is perfectly situated between the 2 colleges.

The room was spacious and clean with an excellent bathroom and vanity area. It has also been updated with a flat screen TV. As typical, Potsdam was cold but the room was toasty warm.

The continental breakfast the next morning was very good. My wife had a cheese omelet, crispy bacon, hot tea and fresh fruit. I enjoyed a bagel with salmon, hot oatmeal and good coffee.

We will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very nice hotel, clean, nicely decorated and very well managed. Great breakfast. The management were very welcoming of our 4 kids! Large room, clean, quiet and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family