“typical college town pub” 3 of 5 bubbles

Maxfields
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glenburn, ME
“typical college town pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was really noisy but the waitress did let us move. We were there on a Friday night and conversation was difficult. Veggie burger was good and otters enjoyed their meals as well.

Visited April 2014

Hannawa Falls, New York, United States
“Its Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place generally caters to the Professor/Business crowd because the drinks and food are far too expensive for your average college student. We've been to this place numerous times. It has an eclectic mix of dishes on the menu. On one ocassion they were serving Duck Breast w/ Blackberry Sauce. Now that was very good.

They do have limited outdoor seating but, since this is Potsdam, NY, most of the times this area is viable is during the summer.

Cocktails are on the expensive side for my taste, which may be done in an effort to limit the actual student crowd.

So, in conclusion, I've been to far better restaurant/bars and had far better meals but Maxfields is okay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Massena, New York
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is supposed to be the best place in town. The atmosphere is nice and it seemed like a great place to enjoy a nice meal with family or friends. The open view of the bar with TV's from anywhere in the dining area is a bit distracting. The real issue is the food. My clam chowder was probably the BEST tasting chowder I've had in a long time, but it was lukewarm. The server brought our entrees before we were done with the soup - and just stood there waiting for us to move our half-empty bowls to the side. I had the Ahi Tuna ($25) which was agenerous portion, but one filet was riddled with sinew and inedible. All told, dinner for 2 with soup, main course and only 1 cocktail was over $70 before the tip. Additionally the waitress asked my favorite question, "are you still working on that". I always feel like I should have a hammer and saw when asked that question. I would go again, but stick to the pub food - it's probably the only good value.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have come to this place at least a couple times a year for the last 4 years and have not been disappointed.

Key West, Florida
“Great Parent's Weekend find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We knew finding a decent meal on Parent's Weekend would be dicey, and I put my college student son on the task. He found Maxfield's, and off we went with a few hungry boys in tow. Great, interesting food and superb service. Two of the boys had very large steaks, my husband had sea bass (which he loves), one boy had an interesting pork schnitzel and I had a wonderful salad the size of my head! Everyone was stuffed and satisfied. Our server, despite the large crowd, was attentive, cheerful and friendly. I had to recommend this, as it will be even harder to get a table when we're up visiting, but so glad we found it!

1 Thank Megan B