“AMAZING”
Review of Railroads on Parade - CLOSED

Railroads on Parade
More attraction details
Owner description: Thrill to RAILROADS ON PARADE, the Model Railroad Extravaganza. Five magical miniature worlds of model trains provide a first class journey for dreamers of all ages. Seen by over seven million people nationwide and now seen together for the first time, this 5,000 square foot indoor attraction includes the famous four season display THE STATION (seen for over twenty years in New York City), the breathtaking 110 foot long HELLGATE BRIDGE exhibit from Williamsburg, Virginia, NYC SUBWAYS, the 1939 WORLD’S FAIR and, new for 2012, the PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND exhibit. Over Fifty trains and trolleys plus animations, neon signs, computerized day-night lighting combined with amazing scenery and backdrops round out your unforgettable experience. Family and Senior friendly, this indoor one-level, ADA compliant attraction is a "must-see" for everyone.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This place is beautiful. First of all to anyone who complained about the 12$ entrance you are crazy!!! Worth every penny. I would pay double the entrance fee but don't tell that to the owner, lol! One model car is valued the entrance cost. Once you see all the detail and work involved in creating and maintaining this place you would understand. They have lots of employees there paying attention that all runs smoothly and repairing or fixing anything I needed. they had staff to explain the story behind all of it and all the scenes. I was tryuly entertained that every 3 minutes it would change from day to night. The details such as a movie being played on the mini screen at the drive in, wow! I heard all the visitors taking video and pictures and being amazed at all the details. it allowed us all to mingle and chat amongst each other. The staff gives out a sheet that lists all the stations with what to look out for such a kids swinging or workers moving and sawing etc. I really read reviews and thought how could you pass an hour inside one room? Well once inside I check the time and we were inside for an hour and a half and it felt like 5min. so much to see. I really appreciated the modern touch of added a train set that had Thomas the train and mickey mouse, my 2 and a half year old son really enjoyed seeing Thomas there he got so excited. My husband thought he might get bored but we had to force our son to leave after an hour and a half because we had other places to visit. Even my five month old daughter was entertained, lol. She wasn't her squirmy self she stayed in my arms gazing at the scenery. Must see. Really worth it. Thank you. We even met one of the owners her name escapes me right now but she was really nice and told us how this all started over 20 years ago. Bye from Montréal!!!

RailroadsOnParade, Owner at Railroads on Parade, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

After spending nearly forty years on the Broadway Theater scene, most of that time as a Broadway Set Designer, It always feels good to get another rave review. What I've always tried to do is to create a world that other people can get drawn into and then occupy, experience and learn from. Doesn't matter whether it is a Broadway Musical, a Play or Museum Exhibit. It's really all theater. So it is with Railroads On Parade. Pure theater with an extra fun dose of railroad history thrown in . No extra charge for that either. Everyone here is committed to fulfilling our basic promise of entertainment with that extra touch of life experience. I was particularly interested that you noticed that your son loved seeing Thomas the Tank Engine coming right at him at his eye level. That's why the kids trains are built on lower levels. And when he grows a little taller there will be lots more things for him to discover on the next level up! Incidentally, that "Nice Lady" you met is Barbara Dunham, AKA "The Train Lady". Thanks so much for your input.
Clarke Dunham
Creator and Co-Owner of Railroads On Parade

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Took our 14 month old here today! He loved it & so did we! Very cool display of model trains. Many trains running in several different settings! Staff was extremely friendly!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This museum was one huge room of trains and displays that would move and go around. They had a ton of tracks and it was really well done. There are cities surrounding the tracks, they have roads, and all this cool stuff. it was expensive for what it was but if you are into trains, id say go for it.

RailroadsOnParade, Owner at Railroads on Parade, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I'm very glad the reviewer thinks that the exhibits at Railroads On Parade are awesome. I think so too. But at less than the cost of a neighborhood movie I'm not so sure about the expensive part. We'd love to have free admission for Railroads on Parade, but that's not the way the world works nowadays. Where else can you spend as much time as you like for that price? Some spend as much as four hours looking at all that "awesome" detail, buy a Season Pass, and come back over and over again. And talk about bargains, our Season Pass is a real winner. Next, see our Website (www.RailroadsOnParade.com) for "Dollar-Off" discounts for everyone and even larger discounts for Groups.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

One large-ish room contains many working trains in different scenes. The lights shift to represent day/night. It was a little pricey for what it was. We spent less than 1hr & paid $12/adult.

RailroadsOnParade, Owner at Railroads on Parade, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

It takes all kinds and all sorts of people to make this world go around, so by all means one must respect this person's opinion. As their opinion. However, I would suggest that after you read this review that you read a few of the other reviews on this page and then make up your own minds. What we more often hear is "Great", "Awesome", "Joyous" and "Unique". So, come one, come all. But I've never heard Railroads On Parade called "Cute" before! As I said, it takes all kinds.