“Over Time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bear

Black Bear
Cuisines: American, Bar, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: breakfast lunch dinner /bar
Au Sable Forks, New York
“Over Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Remembered Black Bear restaurant when I was barely old enough to walk. I87 was not built yet. Since then I frequent the restaurant 1 or 2 times a week for years. (I live 70 miles away) Food, atmosphere, and service has been consistent for years. If you expect fancy cuisine or slop, don't stop. If you expect "real cooking" like we experience on a routine basis then you should stop. With several different waitresses don't get discouraged if one happens to be having a bad day. Service is good. They definitely don't skimp on the butter.

• Visited November 2013

roma
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stopped here for lunch after a trip to the Stone Bridge. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. Food was served quickly and was hot when it arrived. After paying $12 for a burger in Lake George it was nice to get a good meal without feeling like you are being taken advantage of.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 1roaminroman
Central Florida, Florida
“Sez Annie - From the Great & Good to the Bad & Ugly and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I always feel good when I have the opportunity to write a positive review especially when it comes to restaurants. The Black Bear Restaurant located in Pottersville, NY, is a very family friendly place. The atmosphere is calming and reminiscent of an old country eatery. Good food is always a treat and here you won't be disappointed. The menu has a nice selection of simple homemade favorites, like onion soup, and meat dishes like the all American, must have, meatloaf and one of my granddaughter's favorite ... grilled cheese. Prices are reasonable and you can expect to enjoy a lunch for 2 adults, 2 young adults for around $40.00. If you have kids and they want a Milkshake be advised that they are large and could be shared. The two milkshakes were brought our tab up a little, but they were well worth it. Our waitperson was very pleasant and made sure that we were well taken care of. The Black Bear is a place that I would visit again when vacationing in the Lake George area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Annie F
River Vale, New Jersey
“A Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have been stopping here every trip for over 40 years. The place holds great memories as we had 3 generations making this a must stop. Truly exemplifies Adirondack living

Visited July 2013
1 Thank wjones239
Venice, Italy
“Good Greasy Spoon Type Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I recently brought family members for lunch at the Black Bear in Pottersville. We were in the area to visit a relatively new attraction, Railroads on Parade, which is definitely worthy of a stop in Pottersville. Black Bear turned out to be your typical greasy spoon, short-order type restaurant. The food was good at lunchtime and the locale seemed to be quite popular. The waitress who served our rather late lunch (2:00 pm) was practically worn out, having worked the morning breakfast and lunch crowd. Nevertheless, she afforded us with a smile and a laugh.

The menu consisted of normal fare that you find in a diner or such. I had the house special, a Black Bear Burger. It was fully loaded with numerous toppings and fortunately; it was made with a ¼ pound of ground beef and not actual bear meat! Others in our group enjoyed their grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches. I saw another large table enjoying Black Bear’s pizza.

I liked the style of the adjacent bar, which seemed like a great place to shoot some pool or watch a sporting event on the TV while enjoying a cool beverage. I imagine Black Bear serves an awesome breakfast. I plan on returning the next time I’m in Pottersville.

• Visited July 2013