“Nice Hotel and Nice Staff. Highly Recommended.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Nice Hotel and Nice Staff. Highly Recommended.”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, Feb 13 and 14. The hotel is perfectly situated right off of Route 9. I was in town earlier than planned, but the hotel was very accommodating by letting me check in at 1:30 pm. The fitness center is very up to date, which is nice in order to get in a workout on the road. I would also recommend Cappuccino's basement bar for a cocktail or even dinner. Kelly was the bartender on Monday and her sister Jessica was the bartender on Tuesday. Both were very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint would be the hours of the fitness center. It's posted as not opening until 6:00 am, which is kind of late in my opinion. The good thing is that I went down at 5 am and the wonderful front desk attendant opened it up early for me. I don't understand why fitness centers can't be open 24 hours/day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GMHamptonInn_Suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay with us in ….. The entire staff truly appreciates your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please contact us the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 January 2012

A simple hotel that was perfect for an overnight. The room was spacious and clean with a flat screen that was great. I didn't like my first room which was too close to the elevator for me (I'm a light sleeper) and they helped me right away and got me another room. He put me on the top floor so that I "wouldn't have any noise from above" which I thought was really considerate and customer friendly. Bed was comfortable; pillow was a bit lumpy. The shower/water pressure was amazing! Breakfast was such a convenience. All in all, a great stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the highway though I really didn't hear any noise. It's possible the ot...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Windsong70
We appreciate you filling out our review on TripAdvisor! the staff is greatly invested in their property, looking to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing their efforts, we hope to see you again in the near future!
Newark DE
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Relative new and conveniently located on Route 9 W, this hotel is clean, well maintained and near shopping, colleges and Hudson Valley sights. Mediocre breakfast and terrible coffee, but lots of good places for dinner or lunch nearby.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a student group-there always seem to be high school athletic teams here for tournam...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveDELIWEAR
We are so delighted to read you are a returning guest and have had great experiences every time. It is great to read you’ve enjoyed the location and the breakfast. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites in Poughkeepsie and we look forward to hosting you again.
New Orleans
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We recently stayed here while on a "road trip" of the Hudson River Valley. Everything about the hotel experience was "as expected" for a chain hotel, clean, predictable, efficient. The location is suburban, however and Hwy 9 is a busy 6 lane highway. The hotel serves only breakfast, so if you want to be able to walk to a restaurant or have more choice in the neighborhood than your typical national franchise, I suggest you explore other locations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PHurdlik
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had to switch rooms because the Jaccuzi didn't work, so we moved from rm 402 up to

502. Starting around 830 there was a lot of noise from across the hall, it continued and

increased to the point where we could not sleep. They had a stereo blasting and a steady flow

of people entering and exiting through the fire escape stairs which we were directly next to.

We observed large amounts of alcohol and what apeared to be underage young men and

women with open containers of beer and wine in and around what had become the Bar-

houseparty across the hall. I called the front desk twice to ask if they could try and handle the

situation and although they said they would, nothing changed. At one point my wife opened

the door and asked them if they planned to make noise all night, and they told her "go back in

your room and go to sleep (insert offensive term for negro here)!" I called the front desk again and told them we felt our

safety was threatened and they needed to call the police. After another 15 minutes of the

party continueing across the hall with no attempt to stop it, I tried to call the police myself

but the phone system would not allow me to dial out. I called the front desk and they said

they would call the police for me, and asked what the problem was as if they had no idea? I

told them we wished to have the police escort us out since the violent party was now going on

in the stairwell and parking lot, and they now knew we had called the police on them.

Watching and listening through the door I observed several of the young men talking about

how the front desk had called the cops and we better get out of here. I know it was new years

eve, but we chose to stay at your hotel to avoid this sort of trouble and I am not sure if we

could ever return after this trauma. It is my belief that the hotel staff knew these people and

were trying to protect them and get rid of us. The Manager offered to move us to another

room and allowed the people across the hall to remain in place, We finaly fled for safety at

@2am.

Room Tip: Bring protection if you plan to stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank on-the-night-train
Pittsford
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Very clean and comfortable. Not too far from FDR Museum and Hyde park locations. Staff was very helpful, Breakfast was very good for a continental breakfast included.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 6 December 2011

There are lots of hotels along Rt 9 in Poughkeepsie, but this one was so clean it almost sparkled. (Nice pool and hot tub, too.) The staff was very helpful, the complimentary breakfast was excellent, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple