“The worst experience and food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Kavos - CLOSED

Kavos
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“The worst experience and food ever”
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We were a party of five coming from a day of sightseeing on the Hudson River. All of us Greek Americans. First of all it's the first restaurant I have ever been to with NO Bathroom! And it went downhill from there. The cook, is also the cashier,waiter,host,etc. can you say "surley"? I would like to order a pork Gyro. I'm out! Ok, how about....? Out! Ok, tell me what you do have? We had a dried up minced chix Gyro. Too little tzatziki sauce to taste or help get it down. The absolute worst spanokopita ever. The bottom layer of the phyllo was sopping wet. Not only that it was served cold. One order of fries were over done and the other quite good with Greek seasonings. The drinks are all bottled including bottled water. Oh, and the dolmas are out of the can. Bad food, bad service, and over priced. Three other customers got tired of waiting and went for a walk. One of the other customer asked for the bathroom also to,wash his hands. He too was stunned and he was a local. We were just passing through town and next time we will just keep on driving. I felt I was in an episode of Saturday Night Live, No Pepsi, Coke!

Hudson Valley, NY
“The best take-out”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

One of our favorite places for take-out in Poughkeepsie. Everything is fresh and flavorful--the salads are especially delicious--and the prices are amazingly reasonable. They also have a small dining room if you want to eat there. Both carnivores and vegetarians will be very happy.

Visited August 2012
“Good authentic greek fare in Poughkeepsie”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I must say i've eatin @ Kavos many a time & have taken out as well , the food is always prepared very well w/great flavor & other people that i'd referred to them have said the same. Love the Hummus **
~ Hats off to Kavos !!

• Visited May 2012
poughkeepsie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“inexpensive and delicious”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Creative and authentic greek specialities. Easy on the wallet, great on the palate!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank jovaz
Staatsburg, New York
“The Best Greek Food In The Hudson Valley And Beyond”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I cannot praise Kavos Gyros highly enough. This is the best Greek food I have had since I lived in Greece. Everything is made fresh and the service is fast and friendly. The gyros are extraordinary, as is everything else, and are the kind of experience which exceeds one's expectations. You may think you've had an excellent gyro but, unless you've had one from Kavos, you're missing out on the true experience. The best tzatziki I've ever had since leaving Greece, and maybe even when I was there, is to be found at Kavos and, when you go, I suggest you order a pound of the dip to take home with you. If you don't, you'll only spend long hours wishing you had. They are vegetarian and vegan friendly and their veggie dishes consistently receive rave reviews from my vegan daughter. Conveniently located on North Clover Street in Poughkeepsie, they offer take out or eat-in service and, weather permitting, outdoor dining at small tables in front of the shop. With very reasonable prices, excellent service, and great food, Kavos is the best Greek food in the Hudson Valley - and even beyond.

• Visited October 2011