“Winter holiday.”

Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We love booking a room facing the creek. It is relaxing and lovely to look at during any season. In the summer we love to eat on the terrace overlooking the creek. The continental breakfast is more than the usual. The place is immaculately clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting your stay next time you come to Poughkeepsie.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Enjoy our stay. Will return for our next family visit.
Breaksfast was very nice.
I like the the view from our room.
Front desk - Very Helpful when we need directions.
Bed was very comfortable. I like the setup of the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Our staff thanks you for the nice comments. Hope we see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I recently stayed here overnight because I was going to a show at The Chance. I stayed on the 2nd floor in room 211, which has a king bed. The room was very clean and modern with a nice view of the river. The bed was comfortable, however a thicker comforter would have been nice. I was very pleased with the property, room, front desk service and location of the hotel....my only suggestion would be to improve the continental breakfast. A larger selection of pastries and muffins and perhaps an additional waffle maker would help. One guest proceeded to make waffle after waffle as my boyfriend stood by waiting for his turn. Other then that, I enjoyed everything about this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the building so you don't get the noise from the main road at...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Great comments. We are working on improving our breakfast we just added hard boiled eggs per customer requests. The newest item we added is a strawberry or blueberry waffle along with the original flavor everyday. We are still looking for more items to improve our breakfast. Thank you

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Drove our first born to college, and stayed 6 days. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was great, the view of the falls was great and it was very cozy. We were not familiar with the area, otherwise we would have stayed closer to our son's college, but we are glad we were ingnorant of the area. We ended up leaving just before midnight on our last night, and did not get charged for the last day! Will definitely stay their again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Caroll R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Thank you, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I really like this location. The Inn is a nice place. I do have to say that it has improved since BW took over. I still think that the location is a bit unclean in certain places. Especially the elevator. It does not even appear to be safe. Please enhance the breakfast, at least offer some hard boiled eggs.
Thanks for listening.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CARL C
Caroll R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for your suggestions!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

A very pleasant, quiet setting but poorly designed for handicapped and roller bags. Room fine, except for the bathroom being very cramped and hair dryer housing being loose. The breakfast was about average.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Caroll R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for your comments. Next time you are in our area may I suggest that you choose our Suites if you are looking for an over sized bathroom. The Suite’s bathrooms come with a walk in shower and a Jacuzzi that is over sized as well as a separate living room. The Suites are well worth the few dollars more if you are going to be here for multiple nights. If you don't want to pay the extra money for a Suite we do have handicap rooms that have a larger bathroom that may be to your liking. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Went to Poughkeepsie to see family for Thanksgiving. Rather than crowding into a relative's house, we booked the Best Western Plus for our stay.

As noted before, it is a ways off the main thoroughfare (Rt. 9) but driving up, the hotel has a very nice shingle exterior. Although we were early they found us an available room. Very nice decor. Felt very clean and well kept (workers were blowing leaves when we arrived).

Beds were very comfortable and everything seeemed to be going well. When I went to shave in the morning I noticed that the hot water did not last very long. I thought it might have been an aberration but I mentioned it to my wife before she got into the shower. She quickly found out it was no abberation! She classified her shower as lukewarm at best. She wasn't able to shave her legs as the combination of goosebumps and her desire to get the heck out of that shower as quickly as possible prevented it.

I looked around our rooom and found no hot water heater unit specific to our room. I figured it couldn't be that bad and I jumped in for my shower. Easily the quickest shower I have taken in a number of years. I did notice that just as I was about to jump out the water did warm up a bit.

As I mentioned I would have highly recommended the hotel--but unfortunately we left there with the lasting impression of the cold showers. Maybe it was just our room--but if they can get that licked they have a nice little gem here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nitro529
Caroll R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you had no hot water and that is not the norm. We do have to keep it set at a lower temp then most people would in their own home by law, but certainly hot enough for a nice shower. We are checking on why you did not have hot water that morning making sure that faucets are working properly since this was isolated to just your room. One of the nice qualities of the property is that we are away from the noise of Route 9. We are only 3 miles from the busy extremely crowed Route 9, which makes our hotel unique, quite and relaxing. We hope to see you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls? Share your experiences!