Just returned from three nights at the Best Western and now know why we do not book their hotels. We booked on line and did receive a discounted rate but it did not indicate that we would be at their mercy to do whatever they wished with our accommodations.
When we arrived we checked in and were shown to our room. Since we were under time constraints at the time we did not check out everything. Later that evening when we returned we found that we were in a physically challenged room.
In the morning, after trying to use the bathroom where the hair dryer was three feet off the floor and the shower had more grab bars than a PT room, I went to the desk and asked why we were in that type of room. I was told that was what I was entitled to and there was nothing they could or would do for me for the remaining two nights and mornings. I gal at the desk could have cared less and had quite an attitude. I explained to her that both my husband and I were perfectly healthy and did not find it easy to use the bathroom. My husband is 6'4" and trying to use the shower with the hand held shower head quite low was not fun. There was absolutely no where to put your toiletries and there was a huge transfer tub bench sitting the bathroom as well. Needless to say the toilet itself was so high a short person would have had a problem putting their feet on the ground.
We went to the bar and found no one there. My husband went to the desk and the young clerk said he would help us. Believe me he did not have a clue about a bar. I asked for a red wine and he proceeded to open a bottle and pour the wine into a glass covered in dust and lint.
I looked at it and he said he was sorry but it was only lint from the towel! I would not drink from that glass so he reluctantly poured another wine into a glass that was a bit cleaner but not by much.
When we went to check out we found we were being overcharged! Now really - my husband visited the office and they did credit our account. I still do not know how they came up with the overage as we did nothing but sleep there and have a glass of wine, which we paid for.
It is your decision to stay at this hotel but be sure that we will never stay at a Best Western again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy complimentary beer and wine daily at our Manager's Reception 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. We are a new 100% renovated hotel in the Historic Hudson Valley. Near IBM, Vassar and Marist Colleges. We have a beautiful setting along the water to relax after a busy day of site seeing or business meetings. Our hotel offers guests a country setting just minutes from Route 9 and all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. We have a 24 hour business center and state of the art fitness center. Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet in the entire hotel and select rooms with Wired High Speed internet also. All rooms have Mircowave and Fridge. Enjoy a Jacuzzi whirlpool in all the King Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Inn And Suites At The Falls
- Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls Hotel Poughkeepsie