“Best Western PLUS The Inn & Suites at the Falls” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls

BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
CT, United States
“Best Western PLUS The Inn & Suites at the Falls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Book a room because we were dining at the CIA. Location was good. Price was ok. The positive, room was clean and comfortable. The negatives -- 1)extremely noisy, something mechanical keep cycling on (could of been heat, or an ice machine) quite loud and quite disruptive. Could not hear TV when it cycled on, and disrupted sleep. I was tempted to have my room changed 2) On booking I requested extra pillows, upon arrival, recpetion desk said THERE were extra pillows. But, there was one, in the closet without a pillow case. so of no use. 3. Breakfast was adequate but marginally so. No fruits, no pastry.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Richard B
Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hi Richard, Thank you for writing your review again. I am sorry that your sleep was poor. We are looking into what noise you heard and we are having a had time finding it. I have everyone listening through out the night to try and figure this out. We have not had anyone else complain about this noise which makes it even more of a problem. We will continue to monitor this situation until we get to the bottom of this. Thank you again for writing your review, we hate to have anyone unhappy with their stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

As is the case for most everyone else, we enjoyed our one nite at this hotel. Nice rooms, decent bathroom and fridge, very pleasant staff, larger than usual choice of breakfast items, bonus manager happy hour from 5-7 (I think). Only small complaint is the distance from town, down a road you'd never expect to find a hotel.

Room Tip: Room 213 in the corner has a nice view of the water
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Joanie, Thank you for writing the review. The Manager's Reception is 5:30 to - 7:30 nightly. I agree we are 3 miles off busy Route 9 but our location is part of our charm. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.
Poughkeepsie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We loved our stay at this hotel! It's located off the beaten path in a neighborhood setting, peaceful and quiet. We've been to Poughkeepsie a dozen times in the last 2 years and this is the best place that we stayed at. It is clean, comfortable and the staff is very accommodating. I was surprised by the many options offered for breakfast in the morning and coffee is decent. We've definitely found a new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you and we look forward to your future stays.
Binghamton, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Basically a decent hotel. My only complaint was that the floors were sticky, so don't walk barefoot. In addition, I asked for a room with a view of the waterfalls but I got a view of a stagnant pond in the midst of the summer in humid weather. Otherwise, it was alright. Everything was just that, alright and decent. The location is further away from route 9, the main strip but probably the place is quieter because of this.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and that was exactly what I got. But the walk from the check in or main en...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank seamlesstravel
Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for writing your review. I do apologize for a sticky floor. We pride ourselves for having a clean hotel, since your stay was months ago know that this is not a on going problem. I hope you have the opportunity to come back in the future to stay with us.
Hyde Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Needed extra room when my growing family all came after the holidays. I was familiar with the hotel but never stayed there before Best Western took it over. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful lobby, nice size room and excellent breakfast. My granddaughter has a severe peanut, tree nut and egg allergy and still she had several breakfast options. Nicest thing about the hotel was the pleasant greeting when I checked in on the night of December 29. After checking out on the 31st I realized I left my Nook on the nightstand. I called about eight hours later expecting the Nook was long gone since I had not gotten around to putting my name on the case. I was happily informed that the maid found it, turned it in to the front desk and that the manager locked it in the safe to keep it safe. I picked it up two days later and was again greeted by the same receptionist who remembered me from check-in. Thanks to all for a very nice stay and for the confirmation that there still are good people in the world..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the falls.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Hi John, The staff and I want to thank you for your gratitude, everyone tries to go out of their way to make each guest's stay memorable. Our housekeeper was only to happy to return your Nook to you and also to say thank you. They never expect a reward for doing their job when returning items left behind. Happy New Year to you and your family and we hope to see you back this year.
Poughkeepsie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Big comfortable room. Quiet area. Nice breakfast. Pleasant staff. Stayed to watch my son wrestle and was pleased with the stay. Nice area close to the school. Nice places to dine and was in a quiet area. Will stay there again next year as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you and we look forward to your return.
Browns Mills, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

It had just snowed the night before Christmas and the next day was cold (the highest was 23 degrees during the day and a frigid 17 degrees at night). It looked like winter wonderland, a true white Christmas with the snow on the lawn and on the banks of the creek. Thewater falls were still flowing and it looked delightful from any window at the hotel. The room was nice and toasty, comfortable and inviting. The hotel and the charming surroundings were peaceful and quiet. Checking in was quick and without any problems, just like our departure. My husband and I enjoyed it so much we are planning to stay longer next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Madeline, Thank you for a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting your stays in the future.