BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
mercer county, United States
“extra perks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I enjoyed the extra perk of free drinks for happy hour on their nice patio overlooking a stream The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. The only thing I would say needs some updating is the fitness room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
rhode island, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked this hotel pretty much because I trust Best Westerns & based on the cost of the room.. I was looking for a special room for the night. I am used to paying this rate of close to $200.00 and staying in bright clean /newer rooms. My room was small dark and old. Plus, I am a cake artist and I was coming from out of town to deliver 2 specialty cakes the next day. I put the AC on 60 degrees (the lowest it would go) and put the cakes on top of the TINY insufficient AC. I've done this before in BETTER Hotels and had no problem. I went to sleep and didn't realize that the room was not getting cool.. I woke up the next morning to two RUINED cakes.. the literally melted because of the faulty AC. I had a funny feeling about this place as soon as I walked into my room. I didn't like it, I felt uncomfortable and I didn't like that it was so small and dark for the price I paid. I went back down to the front desk and asked if I could check out and get my money back. I was told NO I couldn't because of the 24 hour check in policy.. So he took $20.00 off my bill instead. I felt trapped in a dark whole. Then to wake up and see my cakes destroyed because of the horrible AC, I was in tears! Honestly.. It ruined my whole next day. I had to scrabble around and try to repair these cakes for delivery, which also cost me over $100.00 in new supplies. ON TOP of all this, I don't know if you have any idea what the "BREAKFAST" is like at this place, but I could have gone down to the local 7-11 and gotten the same premade microwavable sandwiches. It was HORRIBLE. I usually have confidence in Best Western & I never, ever complain or rate a hotel but this experience was so bad, I had to this time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

5 Thank Lisa C
We spoke over the phone and did apologize for this. Thank you writing your review.
Northfield, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

the stay at this hotel was restful and the rooms okay. The TV and internet leave something to be desired as both worked less well than I expected. The reception was nice but needed more than drinks. The back entrance to the hotel was necessary as wlak from the front to our room was very far but this entrance was blocked by trash thrown by someone overnight. The breakfast was okay but waffle mix was too thick and produced very dry waffles Price was good so perhaps I got what I paid for!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sorry for the problems that you found with the hotel. We try to make every guests stay enjoyable, and we did look into the problems you encountered. Thank you for your review.
Niskayuna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

On the banks of Wappingers Creek and removed from the busy hustle of the city. Guests can linger over breakfast on the outdoor patio taking in the views of the quiet creek and waterfall downstream. The hotel is also conveniently located a short distance to restaurants, Hudson Valley Wineries, Vassar College, The Culinary Institute of America, Walkway Over The Hudson, & National Historic Sites. Rooms offer a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, flat panel tv, & free internet. There is an exercise room on site. A Manager's Reception is held each evening from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm in the bar/breakfast room. Hot & cold items are offered for breakfast each morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank 995Traveler47
Thank you for your review and for staying with us.
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here one night while sight-seeing in the area. They provided a complimentary glass of wine and munchies at happy hour to enjoy while we sat on the outside patio overlooking the river. Our room was more than adequate and clean. The manager on duty was very personable and helpful. Overall pleased with price and amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get river side, but ours facing parking lot was not noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. I live in Upstate NY, and when we travel to NYC, we usually drive to Poughkeepsie, spend the night and leave our car at the train station and take the train into the city for a few days. We arrived at the Best Western Plus around 8pm on 7/30, and checked out the next morning. Check in was quick and pleasant. The room was updated and clean. The hotel is in a nice location overlooking the falls. The check in clerk was very helpful and friendly getting us tooth paste which we'd forgotten at home, extra towels, and even giving a great recommendation for pizza delivery. We enjoyed our stay, and would stay here again as a stop over on future trips to NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you and we look forward to your next stay.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a few nights here for business and I really enjoyed my stay. My room was clean, faced the river, was warm. I really liked the front desk people, especially one guy whose name I didn't get. He engaged me in conversation (didn't brush me off), was very helpful with questions about where to eat and best way to get to where I needed to get (even printed a map).

The common area and the patio were very well designed/airy. Oh, I also really appreciated that they had fresh newspapers readily available.

I really enjoyed my stay with this hotel

Room Tip: Choose the river view!
Green Features: Yes - they def encouraged to save the towels and bed sheets you've used as to save on water etc which i LOVED.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business