“Try the BIG slice”

Main Street Pizza and Cafe
Ranked #122 of 278 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 May 2013

There are many restaurants in the business district where I work and I choose to go to Main Street Pizza and Cafe most often. There are two reasons for this: 1. Melinda in the front! She is soooo friendly and professional and helpful and will accommodate any request. 2. The food is delicious! I typically get a BIG slice, fresh out of the oven, along with a small garden salad. They sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the garden salad and it's oh so tasty! Melinda always thanks me and I'm eager to go there again.

Definitely go here for pizza!

2  Thank Sunflowre

Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I went here with a friend of ours after he suggested it. We hadn't even heard of it for the three years we were in Poughkeepsie until our friend mentioned it. It's nothing fancy to look at but it was worth the visit. It wasn't busy at all when we went, and the staff was really friendly and loved our baby daughter. The food was really good, and worth the price; my husband and I ordered from here several more times before we moved and the deliveries never took too long. We'd definitely go back if we were in the area again.

2  Thank Dannabelle
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We used to live down the street from this little gem and went there at least once a week when we didn't want to bother with cooking. Their pizzas are hot and tasty and I think the pasta dishes are the standouts. I loved the lasagna and the chicken parmasan - the portions are huge, served with bread and salad and I always had leftovers. The traditional Italian rice ball is also a treat and very filling. The owners Dominic and Melinda are always friendly and helpful and they have a great restaurant that never disappoints.

2  Thank newnewyorker
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The front is a pizza shop with takeout, but the back is a large cafe with a broad range of menu selections. I enjoyed a business lunch there.

2  Thank RockportBirder