“Great chili, nice bar, nice family place.”
Review of Andy's Place - CLOSED

Andy's Place
Cuisines: American
“Great chili, nice bar, nice family place.”
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

I first tried Steve & Andy's many years ago, and have never been disappointed. Good food, friendly pleasant atmosphere. Even my wife and kids like it. I highly recommend the house specialty: chili.

1 Thank Jb3177

New York
“Good food. Good service.”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

My wife, two kids and I had the Kielbasa Dinner, which included kielbasa, sauteed pierogi, vegetables, and soup. I tried the chicken marsala soup, which was quite good. All of the food was prepared very well. Service was also good.

Total price for the four of us for dinner and drinks was $73. We will be stopping in again when in the area.

1 Thank twysk
“great chili”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Love the chili at Andy's. It's got just the right flavor (not sweet, like some other restaurants). I suggest you try it with cheese and onions and then don't plan on eating much else for the rest of the day. The views of the river are nice, even in the winter. It's a friendly, casual, local kind of place.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank km_HydePark_NY
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Old time tavern kind of place”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Andy's is sort of a tavern or luncheonette feel. They expanded the size a few years ago but the menu remains unchanged. Go for teh Chili with cheeze and onions for a hearty lunch or the steak sandwich. Lots of other choices

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tim D
Hyde Park, NY
“Craving chili? Head for Andy's!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Whenever the weather turns chilly I start craving chili, and there is no place around that makes it better than Andy's. Big, thick bowls of the stuff, served by (if you're lucky), Josie - with her Irish brogue and friendly manner she'll make you feel like an old friend in two minutes. Like your chili served with chunks of American cheese (sorry if you're a fan of Cheddar, but the American melts better into this molten delight) and tons of chopped onions? That's what ye shall have, my friend, or perhaps on the side if you like to add a little at a time? Either way, Andy's aims to please. (hot rolls and butter are also served with the chili, by the way) In nicer weather the deck is great, even if it is under the Walkway Over the Hudson and next to Route 9. Gee, that sounds bad, but somehow it isn't. I seem to alternate in warm weather between the Taco Salad and the Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken. Both are generous portions (there is nothing else at Andy's) and neither I nor any of my friends who meet there for lunch have ever not been totally happy with whatever we ordered. It's had quite a renovation recently and they've added a larger room in the back for groups. Check it out, oh, and say "Hi" to Josie for me!

• Visited September 2012