“Nice place for the little ones”

Mid-Hudson Children's Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum is the ideal destination for families with young children. With exhibits that promote play and early learning, the museum welcomes over 62,000 visitors each year. Exhibit galleries include: Early Learning Junction, River Town, a Science Center, Imagination Playground, My Backyard Adventure, and a Children's Garden. The museum also features weekly drop-In educational programs. The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum is the ONLY children's museum in the Hudson River Valley between the larger New York City and Albany areas. The museum is located in the heart of the historic waterfront in Poughkeepsie, just steps away from the Poughkeepsie Metro-North train station, the Walkway Over the Hudson's Elevator, fabulous restaurants, and a new city park. The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum is an independent 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational organization supported by admission and membership sales, program fees, donations, and grants.
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Took the grandkids there in the spring and they had a good time. Some areas are only open for school groups but kids can learn and keep themselves busy.
Not the biggest one around but the kids had fun ad that is what matters,

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"young ones"
"interactive exhibits"
in 3 reviews
"great place for younger kids"
"few hours"
"libraries"
"dinosaurs"
"passes"

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A great place for kids of all ages (and adults) to learn and be creative. Clean with friendly staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I have taken my grandson to the Children's Museum several times and he has always enjoyed his time playing there. Its a joy to see the children dash from one machine to another. My daughter has used it for birthday parties for her son, inviting several children to join him. As he is getting older I haven't visited the museum in a couple of years but my daughter assures me it is still a perfect place for youngsters under nine or ten. The one caveat is that the museum is sort of hidden and somewhat tricky to locate unless you are a local.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter was graduating a year early than scheduled and I wanted to show her the most support, love, and celebration. Location would play a big part. It would have to be a great space for pictures, dancing and all different ages. Everyone would have their own experience to enjoy the party and the natural amenities of the outdoors. I pick the Pavilion at the children museum of Poughkeepsie New York. Even though I learned after inquiring about the venue that it was very pricy for the 4 hour rental along with the deposit, I still planned to use this space. After meeting with the lady that was in charge of event planning and her going over the pavilion rules and guidelines intensively. I felt like this was gonna be a great experience until the emails came. Saying the same thing over and over again. Then the phone calls came next saying the same thing. Mind you all before the deadlines. I had to show her the decorations at the venue before I brought them to the venue that is a shell of steal beams with a concrete flooring.
On the day of the event that I talked to her previously what my plans was...(recap: Going to the graduation and returning to the graduation celebration that would be underway serving food and family and friends enjoying the music and talking and catching up.) The lady from the museum calls me during my daughter graduation. I didn't answer and had to text her. Is there a problem? She said no, just was concerned with timing. I assured her it's was going as planned and everything was fine. I knew what terms I had agreed to. The lady was helpful on the lines of her doing her job making sure the lights and bathroom was working. I feel as if no grown person needs to be micromanage. Micromanaging is basically harassment.

1  Thank Yani H