“Totally Disrespected”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Totally Disrespected”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Wow. NEVER have been treated with such disrespect. THE MANAGER was so rude.
1. HAIR in my soup ...not big deal it happens, sent it back
2. Got turkey sandwich. No cranberry sauce.
3. Turkey dry and fatty.
4. Had a nice piece of pastrami in the sandwich as well -___-
5. Two sticks in my cranberry sauce.
6. Sent food back
7. Manager notified and she removed dish from bill

She still wanted to charge me for my ice tea... mind you I have been in the service industry for 10 years. You take care of the customers bill especially because of the hair and multiple problems with the sandwich.

I said to her I'm sorry but I'm not charging 3 dollars on my CC, this should be comped. Her response "You didn't want to pay the soup and the sandwich. What do you want to pay for?"

Did not pay for ice tea.

When I left the receptionist said have a good day... manager walked by and said "you wished her a good day?!?!?"

So unprofessional, and no customer service etiquette. Never going to the palace diner again, as well as forwarding this to all friends and family so they are well aware of how they treat customers.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank leenbean3

Pawling, New York
“Great Spinach Pie dish; great selection; great desserts”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was very impressed by the way this restaurant does it Spinach Pie dish. It is displayed with fresh vegetables and greens and two Spinach Pie triangle slices. Preety and delicious. They have wonderful Mapoleans, rice pudding, chocolate cake, and peach bread pudding, yes, I had them all; brought them home!

• Visited February 2014
Canandaigua, New York
“The Pride Shows!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I think that the owners have a sense of pride in the obvious care in keeping the diner looking new & clean; good first impressions! It continues on w/ quickly seating us at noontime on a Sunday even though we were four adults and two little ones. The menu is diner extensive, and our server, Alexis K, took our order quickly after arriving & even got all of our "little requests" remembered correctly. Our food was tasty, fresh & hot; not sitting under heat lamps waiting to be picked up. Alexis never forgot about us & every request was quickly filled. Even the prices were reasonable, especially for the Hudson Valley.
A most pleasant lunch even if some of us ordered brunch!

Avon, CT
“Good food, and a huge menu”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The food was very good, and a lot to choose from. The meals we ordered were cooked to perfection. It was lunchtime, but we all had breakfast foods, couldn't resist the choices.

South Windsor, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything you love in a classic diner”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I will never tire of this place. It's a classic diner at its best. The variety of food, generous portions, excellent quality, prompt service - what more can I say? I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner here at various times throughout the years, and it's always high on my list for places to which I'll gladly return.