“Thank God for Trip Advisory.”

The Crooked Rooster
Ranked #138 of 278 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Hubby had the Oyster Po Boy and I had the Admiral... Both are house specials.. Fantastic! Just Fantastic! Fast service and fresh hot food. The homemade potato chips are to die for. My sandwich had tempura shrimp, avocado, and crab salad... wow!

1  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just ate lunch at The Crooked Rooster last weekend when we were attending a soccer tournament in LaGrange, NY; what an adorable and fun find! We had had plenty of children of all ages that were tired and hungry. This restaurant is fun, casual and delicious. All of our food was interesting and full of flavor with modest prices. I would gladly return when in the area and I recommend you do too. The fuse ball table kept the children entertained while waiting for food and allowed others to relax at the spacious table.
My only suggestion to the restauranteurs is to find other options to the plentiful plastic used in service-I understand there is a recycling bin, but it is still unfortunately produced, carted and barely used. Maybe use eco-friendly plastic baskets with a paper liner instead.

1  Thank MRuben
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Didn't know what to expect from this restaurant, but it's really cute! Surf boards all over the place. Great fish and chips. Low key place, but colorful and fun.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had heard about the crooked rooster from a few friends. Definitely worth the stop. The decor is a cool eclectic mix of surfer and modern. The menu has a fair amount of options from salads to hearty sandwiches. I had the open faced BBQ sandwich and my husband had the braised beef sandwich. Both were wonderful. You can tell the chefs are CIA grads. Our kids shared the chicken tenders and loved the home made chips. We would recommend this to anyone looking for a gourmet lunch at a reasonable price. The even have complimentary ice tea! We can't wait to try something else from their menu.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This unprepossessing place is located along a mundane stretch of a divided highway outside Poughkeepsie, not a place that attracts a great deal of attention. But word of mouth seems to be spreading, and it's spreading because the sandwiches and prepared foods here are really good. They offer a variety of lunch items--salads, wraps, sandwiches, quiche, soups--all beautifully prepared. The turkey burger is made on-site, wonderfully and subtly seasoned and well dressed, served on a brioche bun. The grilled chicken sandwich is also very tasty. Both these, and several other grilled sandwiches, come with freshly made potato chips; I tend to order the pressed sandwiches precisely because of that! Venturing beyond that, they have pressed sandwiches--my family has enjoyed the braised beef--and "stacked" sandwiches, with the smoked salmon blt one of our favorites. Salads are freshly prepared, and there are specials each day. The decor could be described as "southern California surf shop," with only the sand lacking. They have a selection of prepared foods (which I've not tried), and they cater as well. This is a real find--highly recommended.

1  Thank Leslie W