“Excellent hotel in Poughkeepsie NY”

Residence Inn Poughkeepsie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Aurora, Canada
“Excellent hotel in Poughkeepsie NY”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Marriott Residence Inn in Poughkeepsie NY and I was very pleasantly surprised on how nice it was. Large rooms with full kitchen facilities, separate bedroom and two large flat screen TVs. Located in the beautiful Hudson Valley has everything you could want in a hotel for business or pleasure.

I was travelling for business and the hotel was within walking distance of my work location which was a very big plus for me. The hotel is located near many restaurants and provides a full breakfast and has a pool, hot tub and workout facilities. Even though the hotel doesn't have a liquor licence there are several places close by where you can enjoy a drink or a dinner.

I have never been to the Hudson Valley area before but I would definitely consider a vacation in that area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EuroCDN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
northern nj
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The family and I came here for an overnight stay and were pleased. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- It's clean - no bedbugs (I checked)
- The room was spacious
- The indoor pool & jacuzzi were nice
- Staff is friendly
- Come with Happy Hour snacks and breakfast
- Has a billiards table & basketball court

Cons
- The decor is generic
- The food at the Happy Hour and breakfast could have been healthier. Would it kill management to have fresh fruit and vegetables available?

Overall, a very pleasant place to take the family.

Room Tip: If you're planning to use the pool, ask for a room on the first floor. And if you've got li...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NjMoma2
South Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick weekend get-away and decided to see the sites in Hyde Park. We also both needed a nice place to relax and recharge. This hotel was absolutely perfect!

Most impressively was how perfectly clean it was. We travel often and have stayed in a lot of hotels. I always look for cleanliness and how well-maintained a hotel is. I literally could not find anything that needed cleaning, repairs or improvement. The rooms, common areas, hallways and pool were all in perfect condition. Lovely...it is relaxing when you look around and feel clean and comfortable.

Our room was very, very comfortable. Bed was very comfortable with a lot of pillows and comfortable bedding. Temperature was easily controlled and I don't even remember the heater being loud. We were in the back of the building so we didn't have any street noise (just the snow plows coming through in the middle of the night!), but there was a train horn in the distance.

The breakfast was fine. Good variety although not extensive, but I don't think very many places offer those types of free continental breakfasts anymore. A few hot options, a few types of pastries, muffins and breads; a few different types of cereal and my favorite, make your own waffles.

Indoor pool and hot tub were very nice. The hot tub was right by the windows shared with the main first floor hallway, which was a bit uncomfortable...trying to relax in the hot tub and people are walking right by looking in at you. But, so be it.

Hotel is located right on the main road through town surrounded my a lot of restaurants and stores. About a 15 minute drive up the road to the Culinary Institute, Marist College, FDR Home and Vanderbilt Mansion. Perfect location, easily accessible.

Highly recommended and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Hi. My kids and I stayed here for the weekend. We had a tournament at the Mid Hudson Sportsdome. Although brief, I can that the room was Spartan and comfortable. Our room had a kitchenette, bedroom and living room area. Almost felt like an apartment. Pool was clean. We had a continental breakfast and I have to say that the eggs and sausage were better than most of the bigger hotels I've stayed at. Coffee was good. You can make a waffle. Not bad. No issues.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel might be a little quieter since the front faces the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed st the Poughkeepsie Residence Inn for a short overnight trip to the Hudson Valley. The place was immaculate. Whe we got there the fire was on in the lobby...very welcoming considering the cold weather. The staff was wonderful...polite and very helpful. The breakfast, which was included in the price, was very good. I would definitely recommend this property.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We are used to staying at Ritz Carlton properties, part of the marriot chain... This hotel was comfortable and all staff was accommodating The pool and breakfast are also assets. We look forward to returning in the not too distant future and recommending it to friends who want to visit the Hudson Valley.

• Stayed February 2013
Old Bethpage, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2013

it is very nice but not very glamorous. The suites are a decent size, like a small studio apt. Comfortable and in a good location. You can hear the noise in the hallways and when we went there seemed to be a lot of families with kids there. The kids were always in the indoor pool jumping and splashing and also in the hot tub. The breakfast area was packed. I like the Courtyard Marriott better but I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple