“Great location at a good price”

Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
“Great location at a good price”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've stayed here over 100 nights in the past year. The location is ideal for me (near IBM). Lots of eating and shopping options nearby too. Price is better than other local options. The parking lot is shared with another hotel, so there has always been plenty of spaces to park. The staff is always helpful, especially Neil. Any time that I have had a problem with something in the room, it has been quickly corrected.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Urvi7, Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your stays with us. We hope to have you visit us again when you are in this area!
Regards,
Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Rooms had a bad Oder, quilts had large holes in them. We had to look at 5 rooms before we found one that was semi clean and oderless. Dirty towels were rehung when house keeper cleans our room instead of leaving clean fresh towels. A bit disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ananda G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay with us. I was not aware at the time of your stay that there was a problem with your room. I would like you to contact me to discuss the matter further. It is upsetting to hear that a guest had a problem during their stay and we were not able to correct it while you were here. We work very hard to keep our rooms clean and to accommodate our guests! I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had reason to be in the Poughkeepsie/Wappingers Falls area because my cat was enrolled in clinical trials for her inoperable orbital tumor. I was looking for a motel that was pet friendly, safe, clean, pest free, and was reasonably priced. I also wanted a place that was conveniently located near the cancer center, had parking near the front door and had accommodations on the first floor near the entrance. The latter two requirements were necessary because I had to carry in (and out) not only my cat and her carrier but also her litter box, her food, her special bed and my own luggage. The Super 8 Poughkeepsie met all my requirements and more. I found the atmosphere to be warm and friendly and welcoming. Neil at the front desk always was very accommodating when I made requests. He let me check in early after I dropped my cat off for her treatments in the morning. He willingly switched me from a room with a king sized bed to a larger room with two queen sized beds in it at no extra charge. I also once arrived without a reservation when my cat unexpectedly had to undergo additional treatments, necessitating an overnight stay, and Neil again accommodated us. I was there every week or every other week from May until September 9th. Neil also always inquired about my cat's progress with genuine concern, which I appreciated. I never had any desire to look for another hotel/motel. I never once had a moment of fear for myself, my cat, my belongings or my car. The Super 8 also was convenient to many stores and restaurants which I enjoyed when my cat was not with me but in treatment. The rooms did have a musty smell but it dissipated when I put on the A/C. I thought that for such a reasonably priced motel it offered more than just the basics. I would definitely stay there again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Call Neil. Tell him what you are looking for and he will help you find what you are looking for.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Diane, Its always a pleasure having you as a guest and would like to thank you for writing a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again in the future. I hope and pray that things worked out with your "Nice Girl".
PORT ALLEGANY
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The rooms are spacious, but do not include an ironing board and iron. When asked, they were soon delivered. The breakfast consisted of juice, yogurt, breads, and cinnamon rolls, which, while encased in plastic and not hot were tasty.

Room Tip: We heard footsteps from above - perhaps ask for second floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review Anna. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the SuperStart breakfast. While we do provide an assortment with waffles, Instant oat meal, yogurt, 2 cold cereals, oatmeal, waffles, Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls, fruit cups, 2 juices, coffee, tea and bread for toasting, sometimes our guests are looking for a bigger breakfast but that is not part of the Super 8 Super Start Breakfast.