“Take a better choice” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Montclair, New Jersey
“Take a better choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Not at all like other super8's I've stayed at. No customer service, uncomfortable bed with a dogeared blanket and flat pillows. Bear bones....not even a baggage stand, and couldn't find the manager to request one until it was to late to worry about. When I did get hold of the manager (nobody even answered the phone from the room on 2 tries) to request an addition pillow, he wanted me to go upstairs and find the maid and tell her! The caulkings around the bathroom fixtures was poorly done and separated from the wall, who knows what wild things were growing as was greenish in the corners. Things like a torn window screen and the bottom of the bathroom door looking like a dog had tried to get out also means I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Pick another super8 in the area with a better rating, I just wish I had made my own reservation.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dan S
Urvi7, Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Dan, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations. I have spoken with our maids and have inspected the rooms. I do apologize this is not the experience we want our customers to have.
Thanks, Neil.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Poughkeepsie Super 8 this past weekend while we were in the area for the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool festival. The hotel was what I expected from a Super 8 - basic room, clean, comfortable, no-frills experience. We paid $110/night for a Friday-Sunday stay, which is pretty typical since most local places raise their rates during the festival (they had no vacancies that weekend), but the girl at check-in mentioned that they always charge that rate on weekends. Not sure I would have been as willing to pay that rate for any other weekend of the year.

Breakfast could use a little more variety - basically anything other than white carbs. Oatmeal, waffles, white bread, frosted flakes, and sticky buns were offered; I would have liked a few pieces of fresh fruit or some scrambled eggs there as well. Coffee and tea were also there; some lids for the cups would be helpful for those who want to take their coffee to go.

In general, though, it was a good stay; I would consider booking here again for my trip next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank SunKissedKate
Dear Kate, First of all thank you for taking time to review us. We appreciate your feedback. Rates are based on our seasons, special events, and weekends. I can assure you that we are priced well below the other franchises in the area. Our breakfast selection is mandated by Super 8 and is same at every Super 8 nation wide. I personally agree with you and would make changes if we could. All items are Super 8 specks" down to the silverware. Again we thank you for your review and hope to have you stay with us again.
Regards, Neil.