“Overnight stay only”

Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I would just like to take a quick minute to say that I have been to this Hotel on many occasions and most of those times I was serviced by a gentleman by the name of Neil. On each of these occasions, Neil has been the most pleasant and always willing to find me the best options available for my stay. His service always came with a good conversation, a smile and a willingness to help. During my visits, Neil and I had conversation about his new baby which always brought a huge smile. I would recommend that anyone traveling in this area in Poughkeepsie and looking for a Hotel to stay and rest, then please do not hesitate to stop by Neil's location and experience the same quality of service that I have. Please keep up the good work that Neil has established and I am sure that this Hotel will remain at the top of my list of places to stay when I need a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: 2nd floor on the back side of the building is quite comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Urvi7, Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Mr. Pernell, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We enjoy having you stay with us and we are glad that you choose our hotel to stay in when you are working in the area.
Have a nice day. Thanks, Neil
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Not at all like other super8's I've stayed at. No customer service, uncomfortable bed with a dogeared blanket and flat pillows. Bear bones....not even a baggage stand, and couldn't find the manager to request one until it was to late to worry about. When I did get hold of the manager (nobody even answered the phone from the room on 2 tries) to request an addition pillow, he wanted me to go upstairs and find the maid and tell her! The caulkings around the bathroom fixtures was poorly done and separated from the wall, who knows what wild things were growing as was greenish in the corners. Things like a torn window screen and the bottom of the bathroom door looking like a dog had tried to get out also means I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Pick another super8 in the area with a better rating, I just wish I had made my own reservation.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan S
Dear Dan, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations. I have spoken with our maids and have inspected the rooms. I do apologize this is not the experience we want our customers to have.
Thanks, Neil.

Travellers are raving about these Poughkeepsie hotels