We stayed at the Clarion when we were visiting our son at college for the weekend. It was the last resort as we were visiting on a holiday weekend and every other place was booked or very expensive. The hotel is in a decent part of town. Check in was quick and the room was easy to find. Much like other reviewer have stated, the rooms are old. Our room was clean, but basic. The beds were ok, if a bit on the stiff side. The bathroom was clean, and water pressure in the shower was good. Small old box TV in the room that had the basic channels. The room was quiet, we did not hear much noise from other guests.
The rooms have drop ceilings, which is something I've never seen in a hotel. Kinda weird.
Breakfast is basic, toast, muffins, sausage, eggs, bacon , cereal, waffle machine, etc. There wash't anything particularly tasty, but nothing offensive either.
All in all, if you need a place to stay, and will not spend a whole ton of time in your room, you should be fine.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercury Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Best Western