Mercury Grand Hotel
US$101
US$97
Red Roof
US$117
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 November 2013

OK, I read a few reviews about his hotel before I went there, not many had a good opinions. I, however, am getting a bit of expert of budget hotels, and this one was the one of the best. My room is a big, bed is kingsize, the bathroom is basic but clean. And all staff I met were all very friendly. Breakfast was included, not exactly 5 stars Michellan, but the price I paid for this hotel, all and all everything was beyond acceptable. What other people expect from this price range hotel really ?
It is a good deal in my not so humble opinion !

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor on the corner.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Holycow1812
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I wish I had read the reviews on this hotel before staying there! If I listed all the things wrong with it I would run out of space. Let's just have the "lowlights": Smelly - first room smelt of mildew, we moved - second smelt of smoke and not the legal kind! Room had a hole punched in the wall; ripped curtains; damaged toilet seat; dirty bath tub; carpet had never seen a vacuum (dirty edges and m&ms on floor); Ice machine had a thick layer of mold on it; vending machine had every item "sold out"; towels were stained; heating was off and the room icy at check-in; smoke detector was beeping.
Now the staffing: Front Desk not blatantly rude, but clearly annoyed and inconvenienced at our daring to check in and ask to room change due to the room being uninhabitable. The girl there had a telephone call with someone to complain that "Home girl aint here yet, probably late again" - I guess she was on unwanted overtime. We asked for a rollaway bed and after arguing with us as to whether they could provide one, she told us "the girl with the key went home and took it with her so we have no rollaways" - we needed an extra bed in the room so this made for an uncomfortable stay indeed! When we noted the need to move as the smoke detector would keep us awake, she seemed annoyed and said the tech was on the way (it was midnight), we insisted on moving. Second room was better, but still dirty.
Breakfast: don't try it unless you have a very strong stomach. We were there first thing and the presentation was dirty. eggs like rubber, potatoes floating in water, sausages looked undercooked, fruit flies around. The attendant was pleasant- she left her I-Pad and papers she was reading at one of the tables, and offered to make a waffle for one of our party. We took coffee and left.
Tried to find the name of the General Manager to bring these items to someone's attention - I can't believe anyone would intentionally run a hotel like this; unfortunately the business card web address is wrong too.
This place is truly horrible - hope you read this before going and are spared our experience.

Room Tip: One wing seems to have been renovated - still dirty but new and dirty not old and mildewed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 20 October 2013

this place in a word is DISGUSTING.The list of things wrong is endless, so I won't waste your time, but it will tell you this. The hotel is so disgusting that even though they wouldn't refund my money, I STILL didn't stay there. Gross, dirty, no bar, no restaurant, no pool, dirty dirty dirty. Oh, did I say dirty? Ewww. Never again....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kelli K
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were luck to get a good nights sleep but services non existent.
Ice machine never worked, needed to go to front desk to get toilet paper,
glasses and mugs in room didn't get washed, clean towels dumped not hung up etc etc

Hot breakfast was forgettable.

Said couldn't honor my room type which had been confirmed from Booking.com

Room Tip: not over the night club
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank textilejunky
Reviewed 22 September 2013

There is nothing outwardly wrong with this small hotel in the beautiful area of the Hudson Valley. It has a decent location, and the room was more or less fine. I would say a tad overpriced, but that happens in the Empire State. What went really wrong on our stay was the noise. There was a room party on our floor with tons of music and yelling until 230am. We called the front desk and they acted as if nothing was wrong. Well, me paying you so I can get a decent night sleep and you allowing parties on your floor that keep everyone else awake is not cool. Hence me not recommending this place to anyone. : (

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple