We choose the Mercury Grand because it was pet friendly however they did not inform us of their ridiculous pet policy when we booked over the phone, one of the women at the front desk said she did but we would not have stayed here if we had known that. (also nice being told you're a liar by hotel staff) They DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE YOUR DOG IN THE ROOM NO MATTER WHAT, even crated. You have to lay down a $50 deposit which is nice because most hotels charge 25 a night for a pet, we'll see if they come with some excuse not to give it back. We booked a king bed they gave us two double beds and did us a "favor" by giving us the book we booked and payed for, after we complained. The staff was friendly for the most part, the guys in the restaurant are great, one of the female front desk employees clearly hates her job and cares little about hospitality, more concerned with smoking a butt and drinking a cup of coffee. I guess we should have been more concerned with the fact that this hotel has heart shaped jacuzzis, that gives you a good idea of what kind of hotel it is. If you are staying in Poughkeepsie go with the Residence Inn, they allow you have dogs and don't expect you to keep them with you at all times.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercury Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Best Western