“Wonderful!”

Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very pleasant. The staff was very helpful and the room was super clean. The amenities were great. The breakfast was incredibly expensive, which is not uncommon these days but it was still surprising to find pre-packaged food to be so expensive. Overall though, I was very happy with the experience!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank italotrip

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Clean, comfortable room with firm mattress, very quiet, nice pool open all day, special rate for a wedding--all that was as I expected. But when my car broke down and I had to stay two extra nights until it could be repaired, the staff people went out of their way to help me deal with the problem. Same room, lower rate, late checkout, extra coffee, lots of sympathy and encouragement, tips on inexpensive local restaurants within walking distance--whatever I asked for, they supplied with a smile. The computers in the lobby enabled me to notify people at home that I was delayed and catch up with e-mail. I've never had such friendly service--especially at a "chain" hotel. Maybe it's something in the Poughkeepsie water? The tow truck driver and garage owner who fixed my car were wonderful too! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have small terraces--nice for sunning and reading when the weather's...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacqueline L
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I had a good experience with this hotel. Everything you would expect from a budget hotel. Clean rooms, solid customer service and good wifi signal. Also, the hotel had a good pool that closses at 11 PM and a 24 hour gym. Both were quiet good for a hotel. Would recommend a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

we had a wedding that was easy to walk to so in regards to location/if you have any function at locust grove historic estate- BOOK HERE- you park your car and walk through the garden behind the industrial building next door.

GREAT amenities-starbucks counter in the lobby- keep en eye on hours though, they were kind of random but lifesavers, also snack closet they had near check in if youre in for a quick pinch.
Clean , Neat and trendy almost boutiquey (for a marriot which was really refreshing) vibe all around on property- in the rooms, beautiful courtyard, and pool.
Lovely staff- check in, and housekeeping.
Easy parking
great price

Room Tip: make sure to have a key on you at all times if you are coming in from other entrances than the front...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 1 night with my husband. We were in town for a family get-together and needed a clean, inexpensive place to sleep at night. I've never stayed at a Courtyard Marriott before, but since the competitor properties were all booked, I gave it a try. The room was very clean, with comfy beds and black-out curtains for good sleep. There is also a modern wall thermostat control (as opposed to the outdated controls on the radiator that are often found in lower level hotels). The bathroom shower and tiles were also clean. I read in another review that this property was recently renovated, and it shows. I am a borderline germ-o-phobe who is petrified of insects (esp. bed bugs), and I felt comfortable sleeping here. Given the level of property and amenities (i.e., this is only a 2-3 star hotel), the price could've been a bit lower, although since all of the other neighboring properties were sold out I am guessing it's high season for them. The only other con is that the walls are on the thin side, which was a bit of an issue because there were a few loud guests walking and shouting in the hallway when we were heading to sleep at around midnight, but I guess that could happen anywhere. Overall, I'd recommend this property if it fits within your budget. In fact, I've already booked another stay for an upcoming weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, in room 211.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were visiting attractions in the Hudson River Valley and found this Courtyard to use as our home. Neat, clean, service oriented -- a hotel as it should be -- with the added benefit of a fine Scottish lass managing the troops. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed at this courtyard for 5 nights while my Mother was being treated at a local hospital and I have to say I was blown away by the impeccable service I received from the hotel's highly professional staff. Everyone I encountered, from the Bistro to housekeeping, was friendly, helpful and professional, but Deborah and Ruth from the front desk and Elizabeth from housekeeping provided especially notable service. The hotel lobby features a number of modern amenities including a large touch screen monitor that, in addition to displaying the news and weather, can be used to browse for local eateries, attractions and events. I was also impressed by the Courtyard’s Bistro concept. I often stay at the Hampton Inn to take advantage of the free breakfast and coffee but the Bistro offers a ton more options and has morning and evening hours which makes it far more convenient than the Hampton. I particularly enjoyed the delicious fresh made strawberry smoothies and loved the fact that I could get my Starbucks Vanilla Soy latte just the way I like it. Although breakfast isn’t free the prices are very reasonable and since the Courtyard's rate was cheaper than the Hampton Inn I actually saved money! I highly recommend this place but please save me a room!

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room with a private patio right near the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#5 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY

Been to Courtyard Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!