“Great Service”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
San Francisco, California
“Great Service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I recently went to Poughkeepsie for business, it was my first time and the staff at the Courtyard Poughkeepsie made my experience very pleasant. All the staff were friendly and very helpful, especially Asifa (front desk). She even helped me become a marriott rewards member. The whole place was recently renovated and there is a lot of work space and great business area in the lobby, very convenient. The rooms were clean and housekeeping staff were super friendly. I would totally recommend this spot if you have business in Poughkeepsie.

Room Tip: Second Floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NIE2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Fishkill, New York, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had to write about my experience this afternoon at this hotel. I live about 10 miles from it and had to pick up a gift certificate. The lobby was beautiful! I couldn't believe I was in Poughkeepsie! The manager (I think) who runs the hotel was so helpful and kind. I had to wait a few minutes as she located the certificates, the receptionist was on a break. She was friendly and kind. She had such a knowledge about Marriott. I was buying the certificate for my sister who will need it to stay in the city where she is studying and this woman, Laurie, knew that location and the manager there. I feel better knowing that my sister will be in good hands! Because I had waited a few minutes, I was treated to a complimentary Starbucks beverage from the beautiful bar/coffee counter. I don't think I will have the occasion to stay there since my own bed is 10 miles away, but I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area based on the service I received and what I saw!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 7Mary79
Lori_Poughkeepsie_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for stopping by our Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Poughkeepsie. Your patience was much appreciated and it was my pleasure to brew a fresh Starbucks for you. I hope that your sister is comfortable at our Norwalk CT location. Plese feel free to stop by any time, we love to see our neighboors! Look for us also on Liquid Space.com if you ever need a quiet spot for a small meeting.
new york
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were in Poughkeepsie as soon as we learned that our daughter was in labor at Vassar Memorial Hospital. I made a quick reservation at the Courtyard. As a Gold Marriott Rewards Member, I was upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite. Very spacious and comfortable. Nice furnishings, a frig and a microwave. It is a real 1-bedroom with doors that close from the bedroom to the living room. My brother and sister-in-law came to Poughkeepsie and I made them a reservation too. They are not Marriott Rewards members yet the hotel was kind enough to upgrade them also to a suite. We stayed 3 nights and they stayed 2 nights. The overall hotel experience was great. We all got breakfast each morning from the Bistro- nice enough selections for breakfast which fit everyone's needs. I recommend this hotel and will stay here again. he proud Grandma !

Room Tip: right near Vassar Hospital- on Route 9 and very convenient to restaurants and shopping
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkelena
What better news to start off the new year than the birth of a grandchild! Thank you for choosing our Poughkeepsie Courtyard as your home away from home during this happy time. It was a pleasure to host you and your family for this very special event. We look forward to your return visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I recently stayed a night here after doing a snow hike at Minnewaska State Park. The park is about 25 miles away from the hotel, it was a quick drive, even at night. It was a good stay and it is close to shopping... which was great and convenient.

Room Tip: Second floor has balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel room was wonderfully clean (Elizabeth was our housekeeper), it was spotless and fresh smelling. Latoya at the front desk and on the phone was incredible. She was friendly, welcoming, accomodating and really WOWed me. I have to say that it was one of my best check ins ofall time. David at the desk was also very friendly and seemed to genuinly care about how my stay was. I am looking forward to my next stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so very much for taking the time to recognize by name, those staff members who provided you with excellent hospitality during your stay. I know they were very pleased to see that they were able to make a positive impact. Our entire team works very hard to ensure each guest experience is memorable. We are so grateful for the opportunity to be your host in the Hudson Valley. Wishing you safe travels.
Central Village, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a very pleasant experience here. The desk staff (and all the employees for that matter) were courteous and friendly. The room was spotless, as was the rest of the hotel. Everything worked and we had no complaints with any of the accommodations.

The Bistro was a minor disappointment because the first night we were there we had planned to have a light dinner after a big lunch nearby. Unfortunately, they had run out of most of the things we requested, apparently due to a big crowd the prior night. We wound up going to a nearby TGI Fridays as a result.

We were surprised by the color scheme in the room - colors were very bright. This seemed to date the hotel a little - but nothing was worn and there were no signs of anything being outdated.

The toilet is one of those new-fangled low flow units, which drives everyone nuts. I don't understand how you save water when you have to flush twice every time. But that's not Marriott's fault, I guess.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and we would definitely stay there again. The location is excellent, nearby are several universities, the Culinary Institute, and the Franklin Roosevelt museum and library (worth every penny to visit - it can take more than 4 hours to see it all, so go early). Also the Vanderbilt mansion is nearby, but we didn't get to see it this trip. We want to go back to do the 'walk across the Hudson' in the spring or summer.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, facing the courtyard. The rooms were extremely quiet; there was a girls...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The front desk people at this property are wonderful.

Kemorene Henry is above and beyond what we normally find in the best of hotels. She's great.

The other front desk staff members we met were also just wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple