“Just Right-”

Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Decorated in the new Bistro style- the lobby offered food and drink in the evening and breakfast in the am. The rooms were super up to date and clean. Easy check-in and very professional staff. 10 minutes from Vassar- We'll stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy M

Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay in Poughkeepsie, look no further than the Courtyard Marriott. It will be one of the nicest Marriot Courtyards that you might visit and the entire staff is incredible. I started staying there about 3-4 months ago. When I checked in, Asifa at the front desk, asked me how I was doing and I said Awesome! The next time I checked in, she said said " Oh your Mr. Awesome". Since then, when I check in, I am Mr. Awesome and the entire staff makes me feel that way. I call to set a wake up call and they greet me with " How can I help you Mr. Awesome". I called in to make a phone reservation and when the reservation agent heard my name she said " oh you're Mr. Awesome'. How does that make me feel? Great! I look forward staying here. Rooms are clean and nice sized. The beds are comfortable and the property is well maintained, even when the weather is bad. The small restaurant on site is great for a quick, tasty, affordable meal that doesn't break the bank. Highly recommend the BBQ Chicken Flatbread. Lori the manager, has been helpful and friendly and it is easy to see why the staff is so good as her leadership clearly sets the tone. This weekend I traveled back and took my wife and was greeted with a great smile and another Mr. Awesome from someone I never saw before. Mr. Marriott, should send a team to study Team Poughkeepsie as that have found the secret sauce of how to treat a guest and make them feel Awesome. Any place that takes the time to get to know the guests, treat them great every time, will get my highest recommendation and endorsement. Highest compliments to is truly great staff, Lori, Asifa, Latoya, Olga, etc... for creating a home away from home for work or play.

Room Tip: The Hotel doesn't really have spa services but the pool and exercise rooms are nice. I have sta...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great stay! Nice, clean atmosphere. Staff was very friendly. We are rewards members and were upgraded to a suite. The computer reservation had us in a handicap room. She recognized the mistake and upgraded us. Highly recommend a stay here. Could not take advantage but, they have an indoor pool.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Poughkeepsie was enjoyable.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Here for 3 nights for business. Check in experience was good, they had my rewards number on file so +1 for them on that. Lobby has the newer Bistro and the room I got had been renovated and included a microwave and dorm side fridge. Only one elevator - its on the north side of the building. My room was on the second floor of the south side so I had a choice a long walk or to tote bags up a flight. Not much food choice in walking distance and as others have stated access from NY 9N is a bit tricky. Overall a good, to good plus Courtyard. If there was a way to give it a 3.5 I would but I can't and this is not a 4.....

Room Tip: North side if you need an elevator. Avoid the zero floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip. Everything we do is aimed at making your stay comfortable and productive. Should you return to the hotel in the future please allow us to assign your room a bit closer to the elevator or lobby. In addition to our Bistro which offers breakfast, dinner and 24 hour Starbucks service. We prepare fresh food which is available in our 24 hour market along with a selection of beverages and snacks. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We really enjoyed the recently renovated room. Service was great at the front desk and food bar. The beds were very comfortable. I was a little surprised to find no trash bin inside the bathroom, but it was okay, not a big deal. The business center was very helpful to us, and I was happy not to have to pay for printing. We can't wait to come back, especially since we didn't get a chance to try out the pool! The sitting area outside looks like it would be perfect for summer!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us . We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you in the summer to enjoy that outside patio!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stay overnight before catch my train back south. The hotel is next door to locus groove. The street in front of the hotel is quite a busy one. You need to go to two lights before you can turn around. However, the hotel itself is nice and quite. I didn't hear the traffic at all. The front lobby staff are very friendly, the check in only take a few minutes also check out.
The room is clean and nice. I have the first floor facing the court yard. Breakfast is nice at the bistro especially with Starbucks coffee they served. Train station only about 10 minutes away, also downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Every thing we do is aimed at pleasing our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Metro North is truly convenient especially for guests coming from the New York City area. We hope to see you back in Dutchess County to enjoy all the wonderful historic sights and attractions!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Lori Traboldt and Asifa Lori were outstanding. Family from Cleveland, Boston, NYC, Chicago and Hartford all descended on the Courtyard in Poughkeepsie the evening of January 28, for the funeral of the family patriarch the next morning. Multiple reservations, made by multiple guests ... Lori and Asifa must have swapped rooms around for us five times ... trying to accommodate everyone, getting my mother-in-law - the widow - into the best possible sleeping set-up, in light of her distress and the need for good rest before the funeral. Absolutely no hesitation .. every request we made, just a smile and done. Lori could easily run an air-traffic control tower ... completely unflappable and technically competent. The lobby served as our living room, since none of us live in Poughkeepsie anymore. Family friends, well-wishers, even the rabbi ... we hosted them all right there, in front of the fireplace. The setting is comfortable, inviting, spacious, efficient ... just beautiful. Housekeeping staff also was very friendly and accommodating. The entire stay simply defined professionalism at its best. A five star experience. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We understand this was a truly difficult time for your entire family. Our goal was to help remove any of the weight on your shoulders and be the home away from home for you. We are thinking of you and your family and hoping everyone is well. We are here if you ever need us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#5 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY

Been to Courtyard Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!