“Friendly”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed for 7 nights. A very pleasant stay at this hotel. Owners are very friendly and all hotel employees also very helpfull. Nice and clean room. Good quiet A/C unit. Great location, close by waking distance to shopping and variety of dinning choices. My only observation is the hotel needs an outside full painting and a nicer eye catching sign.

Room Tip: Ask a room close to the front building for better wifi.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Miguel P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Syosset, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The staff are very accomadating. We get a room on the end because our boys are loud and have trouble sleeping through the night. The place is very close to our sons school and has a great restaurant right across the street. The staff are also very nice to our sons who have autism. It's a great family inn.

Room Tip: Inquire by phone 24hrs in advance of check in about your room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roseann M
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel we encountered on a month long road trip through the North East. The bedding sheets were full of holes from cigarette burns, the blanket and bed cover were very soiled. The most disgusting item was the stained mattress. I can only imagine what caused the numerous stains. The parking lot was very "busy" through the night and there were characters hanging out at the facility at night.

We booked the hotel through Priceline and thus were unable to get a refund on our money.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank recon68
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Yes, it's very convenient, and yes, the staff was pleasant at check in. And yes, the price is excellent - for a reason! Our room was musty, dirty, smelly, the cable box was bolted into the dresser top with metal straps, there was no mattress pad on the bed, and the bedspread was disgustingly stained. Immediately left to find a hotel room elsewhere, and when we returned 90 minutes later to express our complaints and get our money back, we were told that you can only get a refund if you request it within 20 minutes after you check in! I'm not a clean freak, but this room was horrible! Never going near that place again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank T F
new york
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed here with my family when looking at a college in the area. The price is excellent and the rooms are comfortable. The exceptional thing is how accommodating the staff is. Months later, I realized that I left an expensive textbook in the room. I called the manager, Victor, and he sent it to me. They are so nice and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 March 2013

On business, you need a hotel that's quiet, accommodating...and convenient. The Poughkeepsie Inn is that. Although not a new hotel, the room was clean, well appointed and just right for my needs.
I travel with a dog and there were plenty of safe places to walk him. The reception manager was
excellent...very helpful. I plan to stay there when I visit Poughkeepsie again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife & I stayed there 5 times in 2012 while our apt was renovated in poughkeepsie. The manager Victor was very accommodating. This hotel was the closest and was in a prime location for our personal situation. This is not Marriott but good value for the money!

• Stayed December 2012