“Good Value for your Dollar :-)”
Review of Poughkeepsie Inn

Poughkeepsie Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Palatine, IL
“Good Value for your Dollar :-)”
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Had to visit family over thanksgiving and heard that Econo Lodge had recently renovated some rooms and were reasonably priced. So, I decided to give them a call and book a room.
I did get one of the renovated rooms and it was pretty decent ... considering the price I paid.The best part was the fact that it was CLEAN!!!!!!

The continental breakfast served in the charming lobby (with a fireplace) was very inviting. The front desk person was very courteous and helpful.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would definitely recomend it to my friends.

• Liked — Clean room adn friendly service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank ZaraIL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2008

Old and scroungy. All other decent motels were booked during Vassar graduation weekend, so unfortunately, we had to stay here. There was a bobbypin in the bed that was supposed to be clean. Disgusting! The shower barely dribbled out. When housekeeping came in to clean up the room after the first night, they left no towels, not even a washrag. Not a good thing to discover when you have a soapy wet face at 10:00pm. What a gyp at $137.00 a night. Stay away!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty, no towels, dribbling shower
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tacosue
NH / VT
Reviewed 30 May 2008

Spent a night at the Econo Lodge for Vassar's graduation. The room deodorizer is horrible - think rotting grapefruit - the TV remote didn't work, and the room decor is about 35 long years old. But the bed was comfortable, and the staff were courteous, helpful, and smiling - not something to be taken for granted. That's why I gave it 2 stars rather than the well deserved 1 star.

Continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
midland, michigan
Reviewed 25 May 2008

Myself and my employee stayed at the poughkeepsie econo lodge on rt 9 during a local job we had to do, we were welcomed by the owner himself, and from the very start made feel very comfortable,
Upon learning we had to stay longer than we expected , we also found out that because of the holiday weekend we would be very unlikely to find another hotel and found ourselves in quite a spot,
Upon talking to the owner (vicktor), I found out that our hotel was also full. He then went out of his way to prepare a room that was currently out of commission due to construction, to accomadate
another guest and allowed us to stay thru the holiday , and even kept our rate the same.
I found the staff to be very friendly, accomadating, the rooms clean and well kept. I would recommend the hotel to anyone!!
It is also close to shopping, food & beverages, and over all very pleasant.

• Liked — management
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 April 2008

Econo Lodge, Poughkeepsie

Econo Lodges are known for being low budget and this motel proved no exception and unexceptional. We only needed a place for one night to crash and it fulfilled that minimal requirement just fine. I never have high expectations for a hotel when they hand you the remote control at check-in. An old style motel with exterior entrances, this Econo Lodge is pretty run down. Hallways were brutally stained with torn carpets, but our room in the back, overlooking a river and wooded area, was fine if dated and depressingly nondescript. The rooms were clean, the amenities minimal, only soap, and the TV was small. They offered free-wireless, but our room was furthest away from the lobby and we got just enough signal to let us know there was wireless, but we couldn't connect. The internet in the lobby was strong, fast and easy to access. The front desk staffs were all very nice and efficient in a very casual fashion and the free continental breakfast was the bare minimum, doughy bagels, bland donuts, good fruit and decent coffee. I wanted cheap and I got cheap. I'd stay here again in a pinch, but you don't really get excited about an Econo Lodge

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Old and Dull
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2008

As someone who spends over 250 days on the road for work, I can say I have seen it all - from the one star to the 5 star hotels. I already knew that the Econolodges are one star hotels, so my expectations were not high. I only needed to sleep for a few hrs so all I wanted was a clean bed in a safe area.

Pros:
1) The location is right off the main hwy so it was very convenient. Restaurants and shops are in walking distance. It's also next door to a museum.
2) Staff are very accomodating. For example, the front desk staff noticed I was by myself so he gave me the room closest to the front office for safety. This is upstate New York, not NYC - I felt perfectly safe there. In addition, they let me stay past the check out time (noon) because my lost luggage still had not been delivered to me.
3) I was preasantly surprised to see they have wireless internet! And it was free, too.
4) Breakfast was no frills, but at least there was OJ, bagels, etc.
5) Clean bathroom, though a bit old and outdated. See item #2 below.

Cons:
1) In line with other 1 star hotels, the towels and beddings were not of the best quality. It's not that it's old and worn out, it's just that they are not the 300 count sheets so leave that expectation at the door.
2) The mini-heater in the bathroom was out of service. Actually, they just need to take it out because I don't think it has been in service for years.
3) Hair dryers are not built in so you have to remember to ask for it. At least the one they lend is a good quality dryer, so I was ok with that.

Overall, it's a decent motel for a one night stop. The staff are very friendly and accomodating so just ask if you need anything from them. It's not a good place if you have little babies as I feel the carpet are worn and not hygienic if you have little crawling babies around. They are also pet friendly, so I can imagine what's in the carpet.

Stayed January 2008
chicago
Reviewed 31 January 2008

WE went to poughkeepsie to visit our family and decided to stay at the Econolodge since it was closer to my mom's house. THe place is no doubt old, but the rooms are decent enough. What really caught us , was the efficient front desk attendents and their housekeepking staff. They tried to make our stay as comfortable as they could. What else do u ask for? they are an old hotel and that is clear from their construction and interior, but they superceed this by their friendly staff who are all out to make your stay comfy!!!!!!!!

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — interior - could do with some newer additions
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family