“Clean nice place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Marlton, New Jersey
“Clean nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Traveled in this area and stayed here for a night with 3 friends. Very nice layout of room, clean room. The bathroom was decet sized unlike some tight hotel bathrooms. They had a decent sized breakfast bar in the AM as well.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Rachel Kuhn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Waldwick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Aside from the absolutely absurd cost of $300 a night (tax included) because it was Family Weekend at Marist, this is a very nice property. Everything was very clean, new and up to date. The wifi was slow, but that's pretty standard at hotels. The breakfast was decent, with a limited selection but perfectly acceptable. The staff was friendly and eager to please.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank picktails
Thank you very much for staying with us over Marist's Parents' weekend. I appreciate your candor regarding the cost during what is considered to be a "special event" weekend for the area. Not only did we strive to be the best value in the area, we didn't require a two night minimum as most of the nearby hotels did. I appreciate your review very much and take your comment seriously.

I'm happy that despite the cost involved, you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The sales manager made arrangements for us to stay at this hotel even after the block of rooms that were reserved were booked. That was much appreciated.

Upon arrival, the woman who checked us in was unpleasant and didn't seem suited for the hospitality industry.

The rooms were ok. They were clean but definitely in need of updates. There is a refrigerator and a microwave in the room which is a nice feature.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wwsummer10
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I am very disappointed to learn that the employee that checked you in did not allow you to feel valued or appreciated. I am certainly addressing the problem immediately.

I'm happy to report that we plan to redecorate the guest rooms in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

I welcome you to reach me at the hotel at your convenience if you would like to express your concerns any further.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Was in Poughkeepsie for a nearby wedding, and was happy to find this completely clean and comfortable place to stay. No complaints whatsoever... and special thanks to night clerks Ali and Regina (I think that was the name) who went out of their way to be helpful... and to Ali and management who assisted with my request for late checkout.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LongIsland163
I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it here. I will certainly pass your review on to Ali and Regina.

We look forward to having you return on your next trip to the area.

Wenham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I've stayed at a few Holiday Inns before and they're always nice. My room had a TV, Refrigerator, Microwave, A/C/Heater, which is always nice. The bathroom was small and the shower was decent, I found a hair on my towel but I got over it. The staff was nice but messed up my information over three times. Not a big deal. Breakfast was great, pool was nice, and the staff was always friendly. The amount of places on South Road to eat or drink is NEVER ending. I've stayed at 4 hotels on south road. Super 8, Poughkeepsie Inn, Clarion, and now Holiday Inn Express and this is the nicest next to the Clarion which has a comedy club and bar. I will probably stay here again it was Expensive for sure but money is not a problem for family and school.

Room Tip: First few rooms are near everything
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jon B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the hotel. I'm happy to know that your enjoyed yourself despite a few glitches in your stay. I have shared your review with the staff of the hotel and we all take your comments very seriously.

I am happy to know that you will try us again. We'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Mystic, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I did not have a reservation after finding myself stuck in the area for business. The staff was very nice and took great care of me. The hotel lobby was clean and there was plenty of friendly staff available. Parking was wide open with decent food options a short drive away. The room seemed clean, but upon further review, there were multiple gross hairs in the tub. Horrible. It was after 11pm when I noticed and was too tired to pack all my stuff up and move to another room. I basically had to clean the tub myself. If the tub is dirty, I'm afraid to look elsewhere. One more small thing, the A/C unit is old and is not a climate control unit you set on a temperature. The room was either freezing or hot. Not a huge deal like nasty hairs in the shower, but needs to be noted.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Employee84
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feed back on your recent experience. I'm very concerned about the condition you found the bathtub to be in. I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Based upon your review, I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure our future guests will not encounter a similar experience. I can assure you that it hasn't been a common problem and we'll go to great lenghs to prevent further occurences.

If your travels bring you back to Poughkeepsie, please contact me personally. I hope you will consider staying with us.

scottsdale, arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

This Holiday Inn Express wins the prize! I've stayed at many of the motel/hotels in the area, and this inn was the best choice I've made when traveling to the area.

The front desk staff were über helpful, and made sure we were picked up at the train station in the middle of the night. Special props to Ali, the night front desk manager, Diana, and Rachel, the general manager, who were so very welcoming, friendly, and helpful during our stay.

We did not have our own transportation to visit local colleges, so the staff made the hotel shuttle available to us on several occasions. It was great to have a simple breakfast everyday, and although we didn't take advantage of it, the coffee was always hot and delicious.

The rooms were simply decorated but very spacious and comfortable. Compliments to Sherry, our floor attendant, who was extremely helpful and courteous when I locked myself out of my room.

All in all, it was a great experience. If my daughter decides to attend college here, this will be our home-away-from-home.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I really appreciate that you took the time to write such a great review about the hotel. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed everything and we'll look forward to seeing you again.