“Clean, friendly property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Garrison, NY
“Clean, friendly property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Reception was extremely friendly and room was clean. However, there was always a faint smell of smoke, even though I was in a non-smoking room. Bed as very comfortable with a wide variety of pillows. Hotel is convenient to restaurants and shopping on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiepoughkeepsie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially the front desk and our convenient location. So sorry to hear there was a faint smoke smell in your room. The hotel is 100% smoke free, however sometimes there may be a guest who wasn't aware of the policy. We strive to ensure that does not happen, but when it does, we try our very best to air our the room and properly clean it. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

What a nice place. We loved the people, the cleaningness, the service and how well kept it is. The included breakfast was also well presented and had very good choices. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I am truly pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. I strongly believe we have the best staff in town! They maintaining the hotel in an excellent condition and continuously provide superb service. It should feel like a home away from home. I hope you visit us again soon!

Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Our family often stays at higher end hotels on vacation, but my daughter and I were just traveling around looking at colleges, staying at each place just one night. We just wanted to sleep well and not pay too much. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. The beds were comfy, everything was clean, it was quiet, the complimentary breakfast was simple but nicely done, and the fitness room was very adequate. As a result of this stay, I will look into other Holiday Inn Express hotels in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for such a lovely review! The staff takes pride in ensuring the hotel is in excellent condition, while at the same time, providing professional and courteous service consistently. I am pleased you found the hotel to be such a great value. I hope your daughter liked the area and enjoyed visiting the colleges nearby. Good luck with the search and do visit us again soon!

Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I was so very pleasantly surprised with this stay. You see my Dad had just died and we were in Poughkeepsie to bury him. This entire ordeal was extremely rushed and stressful as my stepmother wanted to get him in the ground before Thanksgiving. He died on the 18th and I had to get my kids home from various colleges and airports then be in Poughkeepsie to wake/bury him on the evening of the 20th/21st.
At check-in Rachel had a gift for us as Priority members. I cannot tell you how very welcome the bottle of water and snacks were! The room was just perfect. Clean, crisp and conducive to a quick nap before the wake.
The bathroom was quirky in a neat way: the sink was in the corner! The room and bath were spotless, including the mirrors. With 51, 23 and 19 year old females, this was a blessing! We could all put on our make-up, do our hair, etc.
Because of the stressful situation I don't remember all of the details, but I can assure you that had they been negative I would have remembered! I am very happy to report that this Holiday Inn was so very nice and there were no issues ... which made for a comfortable stay just when I needed it!
Kudos to this staff! Thank you for your kindness! The cemetery that my Dad is in happens to be just across the street... when I visit with him, guess where I'll stay? ☺

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm very sorry to learn of the circumstances that brought you to Poughkeepsie.

I really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

One of the blessings of America's lodging scene are the chains like Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Inn, etc. These are the places that offer what you need for a good night's stay, predictably. Granted, there is not much charm to them, but if you are on a business trip you will swap predictable for charm anytime. This hotel is a perfect example. Everything is clean, well done, efficient, and comfortable - all at a reasonable price. The breakfast even featured biscuits and gravy - not your typical lodging breakfast. Bedding was great, wifi free and strong, and bathrooms comfortable and clean. Service was efficient and courteous. The only issue that came up was the insufficient amount of hot water during the peak "shower" times. The management knows that they need to increase the boiler capacity and hopefully will do that soon.

Room Tip: take your shower before 7:30 or after 9 am if you like it hot.....
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that most of the experience met your expectation. As for the temperature of the water, I can assure you that it isn't typical for the property to not have water as hot as you would expect. I certainly apologize for that inconvenience.

Thank you again for your review. I hope to have to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

A friend and I spent a night here recently on a weekend visit to the area to shop and tour and eat at the Culinary Institute of America, which is a 10-minute drive away in Hyde Park. The hotel is very clean, the bed comfortable, the complimentary hot and cold breakfast satisfying, and the staff friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay here again if I need a place to stay while visiting for a weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visit the area.

Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Had to visit NY for family issues - this HI was convenient for everything we had to take care of.
The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating to our needs. The room was especially clean, quiet, the beds comfy and the cinnamon rolls are a breakfast must. Know we will have to travel back to NY and this will be our only choice for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Since we had a u-haul trailer we wanted to be able to keep an eye - the room request we made so we c...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience as well as the breakfast choices. We've recently added a few items to the breakfast buffet, and on your next trip I hope you'll like the additions as much as the cinnamon rolls.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.