Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
US$97
Hotwire.com
US$113
US$234
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollspancake machineshuttle serviceroom was cleantrain stationcomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staybagelsking roomconvenient locationstaff was friendlyculinary institute of americasofa bednice breakfastnice poolmarist college
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a wedding. Location was great for us as it was 5 minutes from the church and about a block and a half from the reception area. The hotel even ran the shuttle back and forth for us as a service to those who were drinking and because of snowy roads. They accomodated us with joining rooms so my wfie and I had one and daughters in the other. Made me feel a little safer as a dad. Nice breakfast with hot and cold choices. Not much to compare it to in Poughkeepsie on my part but it served our needs nicely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim M
hiepoughkeepsie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Tim M,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this past weekend! We were happy to provide transportation service in our hotel shuttle for the wedding. We find that this complimentary service comes in great handy to wedding groups in addition to all of our guests who are welcome to utilize the shuttle free of charge for transportation to any local area destinations. Opting for the adjoining rooms is a convenient option when traveling with family and it was our pleasure to accommodate! We hope to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel property was very clean, personnel very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. The breakfast included plenty of choices, always a hot food and meat, cold yogurt, and fresh fruit. When we stayed there over the Christmas holidays we even received a goodie bag on our door! I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hiepoughkeepsie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our guests are like family to us, so we had fun putting out goody bags for all of our guests during the winter holidays. In addition to all of the tasty breakfast items that you enjoyed during your stay, we are also adding some new healthy options like turkey sausage, Special K and Greek yogurts. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Hotel staff is always very pleasant and efficient. Rooms are clean and the free breakfast is good quality and constantly being refilled. Very convenient to Marist College. I have stayed here more than half a dozen times and have always been very pleased.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thanks so much for your nice review! It's easy for our staff to be pleasant when we get to interact with our wonderful guests each day! I'm glad that hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, our housekeepers take great pride in their work to ensure that the hotel is as clean and comfortable as can be. I agree that we are very conveniently located close to Marist College, did you know that we even have a complimentary shuttle service that can take you to and from the college at your request? We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon and thanks again for your kind review!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Dropping off our daughter for her Spring 2014 classes we decided to sleep over and stayed at this hidden gem. We loved the Holiday Inn Express from check in to check out. The hotel was immaculate, the beds were super comfortable. We had reserved a room for three. I had called to confirm our reservation and they had given us 1 king and a sofa bed. I was asked if we wanted 2 full size beds instead, and that was better. The room had microwave, nice size mini fridge, coffee maker, I found the t.v. bigger than your other hotels. Free complimentary breakfast is included and it was very good. You had coffee, bagels, toast, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, juices, hash browns, fruits, muffins, cinnamon buns, and a pancake machine-press the button and your pancake comes out(my hubby loved this. There is a pool, gym, mini mart, computer room. We loved this Holiday Inn! Thank you!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
hiepoughkeepsie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Blancanj,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! The staff and I are very excited that you enjoyed your stay here. We strive to offer convenience, comfort and great service to all of our guests. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie in the near future!

Best,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The storm was coming and we had a can not miss appointment in Poughkeepsie. It is quite close to home but we did not want to chance not being able to drive so we booked here because it was the closest to where we had to be in the morning. There were other family members meeting us and they booked at the same hotel. We were warmly received and after explaining our request to be near our other family members the person on the desk arranged for connecting rooms, it turned into a very nice visit. The local restaurants had abandoned ship for the dinner hour but the front desk again came through with a local deli that delivered. The hotel was quiet and very comfortable as well as very clean. The breakfast, part of the service, was quite good and offered a nice variety of breakfast fare. I would hope that this hotel has not spoiled us and we will try other hotels of this brand as we travel.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the back of the hotel are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
hiepoughkeepsie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Harold66,

I am delighted to hear that we were able to make you feel warmly accommodated during your stay! That was a brutal snow storm so I am glad that you decided to stay with us instead of risking driving the far distance in the storm. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon so that you can enjoy our friendly guest service and quite and comfortable rooms again soon!