My mother was terminal in Vassar Brothers hospital. I arrived at HIE after 48 hours of no sleep and after stopping at 3 other hotels on Rt 9 on the way to Poughkeepsie looking for shelter. I hadn't slept in 2 days after rushing from California and I looked like crap. I had already tried 3 other hotels on Rt 9 and they all wanted $160 or more. The hostess at the desk offered the first reasonable rate at $150 and she took the time to ask why I was in town. When I told her my Mom was terminal in Vassar Hospital and I just needed a place to crash she found a room, made sure I was aware of ALL of the available conveniences and gave me the VBH hospital rate without asking. I cant tell you all how cool that was. It is very hard to find a business that OFFERS assistance rather than take advantage of you when you are in need. The room was perfect. Breakfast was GREAT and the staff was so cool that they stayed on the buffet and cleaned and filled before you would notice it had even been used. I've been all over Europe and in about 25 states in my travels and the HIE in Poughkeepsie has the coolest staff, environment and supervision for the money of ANY place I have been. They truly are a class act and the best in town at the very least. They made one of the most difficult times in my life manageable and the other Hotels really need to take some notes from these cool people on how to provide SERVICE. I thank you all. You are awesome. When I come back I will certainly stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a newly renovated hotel, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The upgrades have been specifically designed for the modern day traveler and family who need modern efficiency without sacrificing comfort. As always you can enjoy our complimentary, deluxe hot breakfast in the newly renovated Great Room. Connect with family and friends or get all of your important work done without any hassle by using the complimentary, high-speed wireless Internet. Enjoy your daily workout routine with new Lifefitness equipment in the 24 hour fitness center. Guests can enjoy the new features in the rooms such as: 6 USB ports to charge all your devices, new 50 inch flat screen television, and furniture designed for the modern day traveler. Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. As always the plush bedding will ensure you get a rejuvenating night’s sleep. Guests visiting the area for business or pleasure can enjoy the convenience to the popular destinations such as the Culinary Institute of America, IBM, Vassar College, Marist College, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. While visiting the scenic Hudson Valley, guests should make plans to see sights like the Walkway Over the Hudson, Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Samuel L. Morse home at Locust Grove. Enjoy live entertainment at The Bardavon Opera House, Chance Theatre, and Mid-Hudson Civic Center, located only minutes from the hotel. The hotel is also a great location when venturing out to Historic Hyde Park and Rhinebeck which host the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home & Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Park, and Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the convenience by taking the Metro North Train into Grand Central Station in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express