“nice bargain”

Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Very clean room. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice pool. Very quiet location. Good complimentary breakfast. lots of free parking. Good price.

1  Thank YokelCletus
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Hello - thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to the Hudson Valley! We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two evenings and it was a great retreat from our activities in the area. It was clean, pleasant, and peaceful. It has a great pool area and a nice breakfast area, as well.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a vacation or business.

Hi -
Thanks for staying with us! I agree with you - it is nice to be able to rest and relax after a hectic day. I like the fact that even though we're directly on Route 9 the hotel is still pretty quiet. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you're back in the Hudson Valley.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

We recently spend a weekend at the Holiday Inn Express in Poughkeepsie. The rooms are very comfortable with a large double-bed, a sitting area and a work station. We especially enjoyed the nice bathroom and a much better than usual breakfast. Nice and clean for a weekend.

1  Thank NewEnglandTraveler22

Hi - I appreciate you staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. I hope to have you stay with us again real soon. I like the breakfast here too - my favorite is the scrambled eggs and biscuits.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Very clean property
Outside areas pool and parking lot also well kept.
Free breakfast and computer room also small gym.
Closest hotel to walk by Hudson bridge.
For view and exercise not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Hi - Thanks for staying with us! We're all excited about the Walkway Over the Hudson - I agree with you it's definitely good exercise and great scenic views! I'm glad you were able to experience it while you were here.

Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husband, myself and our 9 month old baby stayed at this hotel for a weekend get-a-way. It was our first weekend away with our baby and we found our room to be spacious (enough for a pack-n-play), clean, homey and comfortable. The staff was friendly and eager to help with pointing out local attractions we could take the baby to. (Walkways on the Hudson and the Children's Museum). Breakfast was included and we had eggs, sausage, pancakes and bagels. Delicious! Overall we were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Hello - It's always exciting to welcome a new member to our families and start new experiences! Thank you for letting us be a part of that! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the Poughkeepsie area. We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2010

Nearly everything went well here, from our friendly welcome to our comfortable room. We did not use the outdoor pool, but it was inviting. Breakfast food was varied and fresh, and a supply of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies in the lobby in late afternoon/evening was a nice treat. Fridge and microwave in room. All staff (not just front desk) greeted us politely. Hotel layout is a bit odd (elevator is quite a way from the main desk) but for a hotel on a main road, it was surprisingly quiet. There is a fitness room, but anyone who wanted to go walking for exercise outdoors could walk on adjoining residential streets. Our one complaint: though seemingly clean, our room did not smell fresh. Fortunately we were able to open our window to air it out a bit, and a/c also helped.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Hi -
Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies and hot chocolate - I usually can smell the sweet aroma from my office in the afternoon which is a great thing! I appreciate you letting us know about the freshness of your room. We've been able to go through all our rooms to double check the fresheners used and found we did need to re-energize them. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 8 June 2010

Arriving by train I called the front desk and instead of waiting for their free shuttle, they offered instead to pay for my taxi. That was a nice surprise! Arriving at the hotel set back from the busy highway, the front desk area was bright and clean.

In the morning the breakfast was better than expected with a wide variety of breads, hot dishes, and cold items. The outside patio was open and clean and it was delightful to be able to have breakfast outdoors in a lovely setting. Another nice surprise!

The majority of the rooms are in a 4 story tower that is set far back from the street and the backside rooms face a quiet residential area.

I had asked for a non connecting room. After I reached the room I found it was a connecting room. I checked with the front desk, and there were non connecting rooms available, but I was too lazy and tired to change.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Hi - Thank you for staying with us. It's great that you took the train up to Poughkeepsie - many of our guests do just that! I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast - it's a highlight and i'm not sure if you're aware but the bagels on our breakfast are authentic NY bagels made locally! We look forward to having you stay with us again!