“Mexican options, tasty and reasonably priced”
Review of Mole Mole

Mole Mole
Ranked #59 of 292 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Near our home we enjoy the occasional outing to this intimate and informal restaurant with excellent choices of authentic Mexican food. Meat lovers and vegetarians will find options, at an affordable price. Meal servings are large, I took part home for later as did my son who had an overstuffed burrito.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

this location is very run down and i'm surprised i ate anything. the food tasted ok, but there are better choices out there.

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I've been a patron of this restaurant for quite long time . The food was always excellent and I considered it a great value . During this time there were only two Mole Mole locations. The restaurant then expanded to a third location on Hooker avenue in Poughkeepsie, and I'm told there is one in Kingston NY. Since the expansion , service has become horrible . The Hooker avenue location is a larger restaurant and yet it's usually only staffed by one waitress who generally has an flat / unhappy disposition . The chips and salsa are expensive . Especially since most comparable places offer them for nothing . The portions also seem to be smaller . The food is still decent . But be prepared to wait for your meal with only marginal service .

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Food was decent. I'd imagine that this is probably considered good mexican food in NY, but compared to CA it's just average. That's ok though: good Italian food in CA would be considered average in NY.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I went to the Hooker Avenue site with my family on a Saturday around 4:30 pm. We were the only ones there. When the hostess/waitress saw us, she rolled here eyes and looked very aggravated that we were there. I was ready to turn around and leave, but decided to give it a try.

I got the chorizo tacos, which were excellent. My family got tacos also, and they were equally happy. Very fresh and light food, as advertised. The waitress did seem to warm up to us, and service was fine after that.

I would definitely recommend this place, although the owner may want to train his staff on how to make customers feel welcome.