“Simply outstanding Italian food and wonderful staff”
Review of Brothers Trattoria

Brothers Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Poughquag
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Hopewell junction,ny
“Simply outstanding Italian food and wonderful staff”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Having been recommended as a must try local eatery I was more than pleasantly surprised to find this gem only 15 minutes from where I live. From the moment we arrived through seating and service we felt comfortable and relaxed. The menu has so many great choices that it is necessary to return multiple times and I have done so for numerous birthday and anniversary celebrations. All of our guests agree that Brothers Trattoria is now a new favorite. Most shockingly of all is how they manage such a high level of quality at such unbelievably reasonable price points. Well done and well deserved reputation from a seasoned traveler and reviewer.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank itsthateasy5813

Hopewell Junction, New York
“Outstanding Italian food”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I dine at Brothers in Poughquag, NY, frequently when we are in the mood for good Italian food. The casual atmosphere is great and the servers are friendly and knowledgable. The menu has all the traditonal favorites and each evening there are a variety of special dishes offered. During our last visit we enjoyed the combination chicken and eggplant parmagiana, with a side of linguine pasta with red sauce, and the chicken francese over pasta. Both dishes were outstanding. I would highly recommend Brothers to anyone looking for a fine meal.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Jim2525
“Best of the pizza restaurants”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We had dinner here in December 2011 and had a surprisingly great meal. There is now a liquor license and we enjoyed a nice and reasonably priced bottle of red wine from Tuscany. The lasagna and manicotti we ordered were prepared just right. Service was excellent. Poughquag is chock-a-block full of strip mall pizza restaurants, and if I counted the nights that I teared up wishing for a nice new place that had brioche or tapas, I'd cry me a river or at least a Fishkill Creek. But if you must eat in at one of the pizza places, a sit down meal at Brothers Trattoria is your best bet!

2 Thank AWAYJOOP
Jefferson, Massachusetts
“YUM!”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Everytime I visit my family in Poughquag - we order pizza from Brothers - I have never been disappointed. It is a generous pizza - a little pricey - but so yummy.

TIP - "grandma's pie" isn't on the menu - but order it. You won't be sorry.

We usually order 1 grandma's pie and 1 with broccoli rabe and sausage. It feeds 5 adults and 2 toddlers.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank MixDirkwell
New York
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Called for reservation based on prior visit to Beacon location as we were taking another couple. When we got there, sent the men in to check it out since it's in a strip mall and looked like a pizza joint. As they were coming back to car, the owner and a woman came running after them wanting to know if there was a problem. Do they need business that bad that they must run after you into the parking lot? So we proceeded to go in and after walking through a pizza parlor went into a very small dining room. Very noisy with lots of kids running around the dining room. We proceeded to view the menu and when the waitress arrived said we would like to order a bottle of wine with dinner. We were told they had no liquor license but we could go down the road to a liquor store and buy a bottle and bring it back. I spoke to the owner when I made reservations and he never mentioned to bring your own bottle. That should have been mentioned to anyone who is making reservations. We did not feel it was right to have to leave for wine and come back so we did not.. We proceeded to order our dinners. Lasagne was very runny and not good. The seafood special was not to the liking of one of the party. The amount of food was plentiful, however. The service was very, very slow and we kept having to ask for water refills. We also had to ask for our check a couple times. It certainly put a damper on a nice evening with friends and was very embarassing to us in general. It is just a slightly glorified pizza joint on a small strip mall.. I feel it is in poor taste for the owner not to advise customers he does not have a liquor license. We traveled very much out of our way to get to this "restaurant" only to have our evening spoiled. This was to be a celebration for the four of us for a special occasion.

Been to Brothers Trattoria? Share your experiences!