Feather Tick 'N Thyme Bed and Breakfast
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel(Hammondsport)(Great Value!)
US$140
BestWestern.com
US$56
US$73
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$69
Hotels.com
US$56
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$119
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$109
BestWestern.com
US$64
US$58
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2013

If you are like us - don't like crowds but like quality and feel welcome - this is the place to go. My review for this place is way overdue, since we first came there is 2009. I was in the middle of preparation to our wedding and needed a break and we discovered this gem.

I work with people everyday and like to spend my vacation close to nature and away from crowded streets and hotels. I found this place among some other B&B's near by using Tripadvisor. After I checked the website and found out that I could rent a hot air balloon ride right from the property I was sold. Although it was to windy to fly during that stay in September 2009 we made this B&B our Autumn destination ever since. This year (2013) will be our fifth time coming to stay at Feather Tick and Thyme B&B.

The place is 3 miles away from town square of Prattsburgh, NY and about 1/2 mile off the road. There are four rooms for rent (+ apartment) and they all have country stile furnishing. Owners are great and very friendly. They let you feet at home right away with zucchini bread or muffins as an afternoon snack with complementary coffee or tea and great filling breakfasts.

Two rooms have private bathrooms and two rooms have semiprivate bathroom. We are not picky (given most of the rime we were the only one using semiprivate bathroom since we come in the fall) and our favorite room is Burgundy and Roses. Rooms are always clean and we can always ask if something is needed. For some it might be a problem, but I love that there is almost no cell phone reception in the area unless you connect to Wi-Fi, which I don't.

I am always looking forward to spend long weekend with Maureen and John and will highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here for one night and were delighted by the charm, serenity and comfort of this B&B located on over 200 acres of pasture. Inn owners Maureen and John are warm, friendly and most accommodating. The guest rooms are beautifully decorated and Maureen serves delicious homestyle breakfast each morning. A lovely porch wraps around the front of the inn where you can sit and enjoy the fresh country air while sipping coffee or tea. If you want to explore, there are acres to walk and hike, a barn which includes a soon- to-be banquet hall, a game room with arcade games, pinball and pool. You can also walk the fields and visit the chickens, horses, alpacas and goats which are part of the allure of the inn. If you want to get away from the "rat race" and truly relax in peace and tranquility you owe it to yourself to visit Feathers, Tick and Thyme.
Tick and

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

It was my first time visiting the Finger Lakes, and I'm so glad we found Feather, Tick 'n Thyme! It was near the lakes so we easily found the towns & attractions we wanted (Hammondsport, Watkins Glen State Park {waterfalls}, Lake hiking trails... tons of wineries!!!), but they have a huge, beautiful property, so it was still private and peaceful. The room was spotless & the bed was SO comfortable. The breakfasts changed daily and were all delicious (the stuffed french toast was my favorite) and all started with fresh fruit and coffee in beautiful china. I woke up this morning at home and was upset that I didn't have a beautiful breakfast waiting for me! John's game room was really charming, too! Very "Malt Shop Memories" and a lot of fun. We used the jukebox, darts, pool table, & pinball machines after a long day of exploring the nearby towns. He even had an exercise room in the barn! Maureen & John made us feel so welcome, I couldn't have asked for a better vacation and miss it already!

Room Tip: Champagne & Lace Room was very cozy (private bath).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Hosts Maureen and John offered up their hospitality, their great home cooking, and their friendship for a great weekend in the Finger Lakes region. We were three (and a half) couples traveling together in search of a long weekend escape, and we found it here. We enjoyed Maureen's delicious breakfasts and dinners, took some time to drive to just a few of the myriad of wineries in the area, had John's tours of walks around just a fraction of their vast property - visiting the alpacas and the very well-behaved goats! - and spent the evenings in stitches - board games, plenty of wine, and loads of belly laughs! Their home has been updated and is a restful, elegant Victorian B&B. The wrap-around porch has plenty of seating for enjoying the peace and quiet. The rooms are beautifully turned out, the furniture and flatware so appropriate and old-worldly - it was a lovely and relaxing visit. Their recently-opened gift shop was once home to four (FOUR!) families and dates back a century or two; the restoration pays tribute to its history, however, and it's a fascinating building to study. John has turned part of the enormous barn into a game area - pool, air hockey, restored pinball machines, all sorts of memorabilia and signed photographs - it's great fun to explore! Another part of the barn is being converted to a reception hall - soon to be home to weddings and parties. The ambiance is so rustic, yet all of the amenities are the modern comforts that made this a trip worth remembering - and repeating!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MlleJennifer
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we couldn't have been more happy. We loved the peace and quiet of the country, the beauty of the area, and the owners were great. The house and rooms are cute and comfortable, the breakfast was excellent, and Maureen really helped me plan activities in the area. There are walking paths, goats you can pet, horses across the street, and El Pacas that are interesting. Because it is in the country though we didn't get cell phone service until we got back near town and the shower/toilet area is small.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple