“A Feeling of Family!”
Review of Woodlawn B&B

Woodlawn B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulaski
Woodlawn B&B
Ranked #3 of 10 Pulaski B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The Woodlawn Inn is an amazing historical home, I can not brag enough about Joanna and Steve, their warmth is shared from the moment you enter their beautiful home, to the moment you unfortunately have to depart. I travel single very often, B& B's are my preferred accommodations and this one is top notch. I arrived very late, Joanna was standing on the porch awaiting my arrival, texting from the interstate to make sure I did not get lost. My room was perfect!, beautiful antiques filling the home on every floor. Breakfast was delicious, the conversation was pleasant and enjoyable, I did not want to leave! I look forward to staying at the Woodlawn Inn with my family. Knowing there is such a great place to stay in the area, I will be sure to travel to Pulaski more often to visit my brother and family. Thank you for making a last minute trip so enjoyable and comforting and giving me the opportunity to attend my nieces graduation.

Room Tip: every room is beautiful, clean and inviting
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Woodlawn is a lovely place to stay. The hosts, Joanna and Steve Young, are personable and congenial, attuned and responsive to individual needs, while quietly and efficiently managing the daily operations of their beautiful bed and breakfast. Conversing with them is enjoyable ~ interesting and interested, Joanna and Steve are not only happy to share the history of Woodlawn and its ongoing restoration, but are also glad to listen to their guests stories.

I stayed in the Rose suite, comprised of a bedroom, bath, and large sitting room. Each room is furnished in a style that affords all the comforts of home, yet the decor evokes an earlier, simpler, and more gracious manner of living. I relaxed in the warmth of the colors and lighting and couldn't resist looking at every piece of artwork ~ from classic to country, paintings to cross-stitch, each item contributed to a feeling of home.

While restoring Woodlawn with historical accuracy, Joanna and Steve have created a welcoming home rather than a museum. I guess the real measure of Woodlawn is that I didn't want to leave and can hardly wait to return. If you have the opportunity to visit Pulaski, feel fortunate if there is a room available for you at this wonderful bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DLE10
Reviewed 27 October 2012

From the moment I walked into the Woodlawn B&B I felt so at home. My friend and I shared a room which was easily one of the cosiest rooms I have ever stayed in for a B&B. Our hosts were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We had travelled from Ireland to fish and Steve, the owner, not only made us welcome but was a wealth of knowledge regards fishing. The room was cosy and immaculately clean but in general the house was a great place to return to after a hard days fishing. Joanna is a lovely lady who, from day one, got involved in conversation and added to our stay by offering freshly baked goods every morning. I will return to this wonderful B&B and to the nicest couple anyone could hope to encounter.

Room Tip: Speak to Steve or Joanna prior to booking and their advice will be sound.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
woodlawnbb, Owner at Woodlawn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

This is the wonderful part of this business... you get to meet wonderful guests like yourself... some of them become lifelong friends! We were so happy to meet you and look forward to seeing you again. We're glad you stayed with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

[iminent=tjxroaYVffOB] [iminent led][/led] I travelled from Ireland and stayed at Woodlawn B&B with one of my fishin buddies for 2 weeks during the fall of 2012, while we fished the nearby salmon river.
The accomodation was really tastefully restored, spotlessly clean and very convienient to the amenities of Pulaski town. The beds are changed frequently and are very comfortable, ensuring a great nights sleep after a long day on the river!! Breakfast is served in the dining room and varied day by day, which was great.
The hosts Steve and Joanna are a wonderful couple, very helpful and knowledgable about the locality, Steve also helped us alot on the river and kept us right with regards to DEC regulations etc etc.
Would I return here?? [iminent led]YOU BET I WILL!!! [/led]

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
woodlawnbb, Owner at Woodlawn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thanks so much for your wonderful recommendation. We hope things are going well for you and you are "settled" back in at home. We truly enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again! Steve & Joanna

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I've been staying for the past ten years or so, along with my friends, with Steven and Joanna Young at Woodlawn Bed and Breakfast, for our annual salmon/steelhead trip. They are always so welcoming and we look forward to our time with them in their lovingly restored farmhouse. A light breakfast and out to the barn to suit up in the protected area where we store our gear and we are off early in the AM! Boot warmers make that an easy task. It's a bit out of town, where you can really appreciate the country. Immaculate rooms. Comfortable beds. You have all the ingredients to make your trip successful! Can't wait to get back up there!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house. Really depends on how many of you there are.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

What a nice recommendation! Thank you so much. You know where you guys rank in our hearts! Look forward to your return. Thanks again.... Joanna

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We have stayed here several times . . .and each time gets better!. . .Steve & JoAnna are such wonderful hosts . . .very knowledgeable of the area and activities available . . . restaurants to eat . . .historical sites to visit, etc. The B & B is so clean, comfortable, warm & homey . . .just a lovely place with great people! We plan to go back as often as we can! I love going in early salmon season and watching my husband fish the salmon river from the picturesque banks. I bring a good book, a lightweight chair and pack a lunch for us to enjoy together! A great place to go to reconnect and de-stress. Woodlawn provides the perfect environment to relax, de-stress and appreciate life.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My brother and I have been making the trip to Pulaski for the past 10 years for our annual fishing trip and we stumbled upon this hidden gem about 5 years ago! I wish we would have found it sooner! Steve and Joanna are always very welcoming hosts and we look forward to our stay at Woodlawn each year. See you in a couple months!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends