“Great dog friendly B & B!”

Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Purling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have a large dog & Bavarian Manor was incredibly accommodating to all of us. The room was clean & comfortable, the host/employees very nice, plus there's beautiful land around the B & B for a dog walk. And, although I'm not usually so keen on German food, the restaurant was great!

I would definitely return, with or without the dog!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spinchick-RRMom
There are newer reviews for Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Accommodations were great, food very good and a wide variety of German beers on tap and in the bottle. The hosts, Stan and Suzanne made you feel at home and were always available to answer questions .

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank JASUSA
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The Psychic Dinner nights are always a hit!! We try to come every year. We arrange a stay overnight at the Manor for Oct 26th-27th for the reading.. As always it was a pleasure getting away from the city with our little group. I noticed the rooms had many upgrades. Very impressive! Staffs are always welcoming especially Sue. As for the food, delightful. I can't wait for them to include Bratwurst in the Psychic dinner menu..
Keep up the good work Bavarian Manor.. Our next visit we will definitely have a bigger crowd, hope you can fit us in ^__^

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NewYorkTravelerKCKK
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

You girls always put a smile on my face. You have a wonderful joyful outlook. Thank you for your kinds words. P.S. Loved the Shrek ears!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We chose this Inn for our annual fall foliage trip. We choose a different part of the country each year. This was one of the best! The Inn is quaint, built in 1865, yet with all the modern conveniences. Rooms are large, views are spectacular, private bathrooms, refrigerators, wonderful decor. Breakfast is unbelievable. Food is great. The restaurant is German theme. Food like I had growing up. I cannot say enough. If you like old things and German knick knacks you will love this place. I would love to return. We may some time. But we want to see more of USA!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidicrnp

So happy you found us. We look forward to seeing you back here once again. Thank you for your thoughtful review!

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the casual atmosphere of the Inn. Room was comfortable and the staff was very attentive. Food was good German cooking with very large portions. The front and side porch was an ideal for afternoon cocktails and visiting with our family.Sue and Stan run a great place. We had a wonderful time.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Denver7889

Thank for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

On a day trip to the Catskills, we were trying to decide where to stop for dinner. We saw an ad for the Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant and decided to try it for dinner.

We were absolutely charmed by this beautiful inn. The restaurant service staff was excellent and seemed to take great pride in the food. They were friendly, professional and demonstrated great warmth to my family. When I commented that the potato pancakes (a must have) were as close in deliciousness to my grandmother 's (the highest compliment I can give) the waitress made sure to let the chef know about the comments. We also enjoyed the Cream of Pumpkin soup which was wonderful.

My husband had prime rib with mushrooms which he enjoyed and I had New York Strip Steak (with mushrooms) which was also excellent. Portions are very generous and can easily be taken home for another meal. My daughter had the stuffed mushrooms which she loved.

I throw all loyalty to Weight Watchers out the window whenever I see German Chocolate Cake on the menu. It was worth every single calorie.

The atmosphere is incredibly charming. It would be a great place for a romantic evening out after a day of sightseeing in the Catskills. We are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We always appreciate hearing from our guests. You are very kind to take the time to give the world your thoughts. We thank you.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Service was indifferent and slow.The water was undrinkable as it had a very strong sulfur taste as did the soda again due to the water issue.The staff knew this yet continued to pour water and serve soda at every table without any warning - incredible! I had to eat my meal without anything to wash it down with yet no apologies from the staff! The weinersnitzel was tough and dry also.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank VINCENT R
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

We are sorry there were issues with our drinking water. The inn was founded on the mineral water legacy as a springs bath house and sometimes the sulphur gets strong. Some people appreciate the health aspects but some don't. We did take steps by getting bottled soda in the restaurant. If you would have mentioned needing water, a bottled water would have been made available to you at no charge. I will address this with our staff to be more aware of our customers needs. As far as the schnitzel, we usually have great schnitzel. I'm sure a new schnitzel would have been prepared for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Purling
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club
#2 of 3 in Round Top
Riedlbauer's Resort
Riedlbauer's Resort
#3 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!