I am writing this review to hopefully spare someone of having the horrible experience that I had. My boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel on a Thursday afternoon. I should have known something was up when we were greeted by an unpleasent smell in the lobby.We get to the check in desk, and we were told that in the only room that they had with a King size bed, the TV wasnt working. We were asked if we wanted to take the double bed instead. Of course we didnt want to, so we accepted the King size bed without the working TV. They never offered anything additional for our inconveience. My boyfriend had to ask what they were going to do to compensate us. That's when the woman at the front desk said she would give us a free hour. (We were getting a stort stay, which was for 3 hours, so now we would have 4 hours). Fair enough, although I thought it was shady that she wouldnt just offer it to us as a measure of good customer service. Moving along, okay, so we are in the room. On our way to falling asleep when we hear pounding on the door and the phone riniging. The woman at the front desk called saying the electrician was here and he needed to get in the room, and we would have to move. Mind you, we were both undressed, my boyfriend had a headache, and we were thisclose to falling asleep. We were harshly woken up by the banging on the door, that turned out to be the electrician. I was so disgusted. I called the front desk and the woman was completely rude and out of line. She never apologized for anything, and tried to explain to me that the electrician needed to fix things. I let her know that I didnt care, and it wasnt my problem. I aked what she planned on doing to compensate us for yet another inconvenience and she acted like she was doing me a favor my giving us another free hour. She had a horrible attitude and was extremely unprofessional. I will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel in Queens, New York. Only minutes from Manhattan by LIRR train only one block away from the hotel. Well decorated interior and maintained rooms at competitive prices. Minutes from JFK and LGA airports. Complementary breakfast, Wi-Fi internet and free car parking. Close to shopping and Belmont race track. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Queens Village Hotel Queens Village
- Howard Johnson Queens Village
- Queens Village Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Queens Queens Village, New York