“Horrible Customer Service”

Howard Johnson Inn Queens
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Queens Village
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I am writing this review to hopefully spare someone of having the horrible experience that I had. My boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel on a Thursday afternoon. I should have known something was up when we were greeted by an unpleasent smell in the lobby.We get to the check in desk, and we were told that in the only room that they had with a King size bed, the TV wasnt working. We were asked if we wanted to take the double bed instead. Of course we didnt want to, so we accepted the King size bed without the working TV. They never offered anything additional for our inconveience. My boyfriend had to ask what they were going to do to compensate us. That's when the woman at the front desk said she would give us a free hour. (We were getting a stort stay, which was for 3 hours, so now we would have 4 hours). Fair enough, although I thought it was shady that she wouldnt just offer it to us as a measure of good customer service. Moving along, okay, so we are in the room. On our way to falling asleep when we hear pounding on the door and the phone riniging. The woman at the front desk called saying the electrician was here and he needed to get in the room, and we would have to move. Mind you, we were both undressed, my boyfriend had a headache, and we were thisclose to falling asleep. We were harshly woken up by the banging on the door, that turned out to be the electrician. I was so disgusted. I called the front desk and the woman was completely rude and out of line. She never apologized for anything, and tried to explain to me that the electrician needed to fix things. I let her know that I didnt care, and it wasnt my problem. I aked what she planned on doing to compensate us for yet another inconvenience and she acted like she was doing me a favor my giving us another free hour. She had a horrible attitude and was extremely unprofessional. I will never return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I needed to connect an early flight out of Laguardia Airport and decided to book this hotel which is located about 15 minutes away. We found the entrance hall very basic, somewhat unappealing. The breakfast equipment was displayed in the same area and it was apparent that it was very basic. We did not eat the breakfast, only shared a cup of coffee. The room was reasonable in it's appointment and appearance, the bathroom could do with remodeling. The internet signal was OK given that we were on the 3rd floor. Parking is limited with no security, given the locality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Arrive early in order to get a parking spot for your car.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have used this hotel on two occasions, both for funerals. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are in a similar circumstance and out of absolute necessity. The room we were given was supposed to be non-smoking, but it reeked of smoke. The furniture is old and beat. The hair dryer was bandaged with electrical tape. The breakfast served rotten fruit. The toaster did not work....I could go on and on. I was not expecting 5 stars, but I do expect clean, healthy, and safe. This hotel is none of the above.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. When it first opened several years ago it was a wonderful place to stay. On my recent stay I was shocked at the way it has deteriorated, the room was down right dirty, the bathtub was disgusting. The T.V wasn't working so we called the front desk, they sent someone to fix it. After messing with it for a minute, he told us with a nonchalant attitude that it wasn't working and walked out. Also when we went to check in they quoted us a different price than we saw online, they quickly rectified it when I pointed it out. Never again!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
#2 of 30 in Jamaica
Best Western Queens Court Hotel
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#30 of 33 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Queens? Share your experiences!