“Very disappointing!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Williamsburg, IN
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We ate at this restaurant in July 2011. We had a gift certificate from Restaurant.com, so we figured it would surely be worth the price we would pay after the gift certificate. We were wrong. The food was bland. The portions were large, but none of us could stand to eat that much. The soup on the salad bar and the bread were okay. If it hadn't been for the soup and bread, I would have left this restaurant very hungry. We were the only people in the place that night, and we should have taken that as a warning. My husband and children decided after the meal that we would have been better off to have gone for fast food.

• Visited July 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
“Very nice place to go”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I went here with a certificate from restaurants.com. (Which I would recommend if you're on a budget). At first we were a little concerned because there weren't in the parking lot. We went in and were greeted immediately. The decor is great-very typical German. Dinner came with soup and salad bar. Soup was corned beef and cabbage soup and the salad bar was small, but had at least 4 or 5 salads in addition to the typical veggies. There was also a loaf of bread to cut yourself. Everything was fresh, and the bread was hearty. Our dinners came out quickly -- I chose the pot roast special with spetzle and my husband had some kind of spicy veal cutlet that began with "Z" but I can't recall the name. Both dinners were very good. Before the certificate, 2 dinners, 1 half pint of beer and one soda with tax and 18% tip was $51. I think the prices are a little high, but the restaurant is in a hotel, so I think that is to be expected. Get a certificate from restaurants.com and try it out! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Tammy C
Fort Edward, New York
“What a lovely surprise!”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Our daughter had given us a gift certificate thinking it was another restaurant. When we went looking for it, there was a different name on the awning. We decided to go for the adventure and we are glad we did! The waitress was lovely and the ambience very nice. We started with the potato soup from the small salad bar and I took a bit of the German cabbage salad which was just like my grandmother would have made. I had originally planned on rouladen but changed to the Black Forest veal while my husband had Jaegerschnitzel. We ordered red cabbage which was enough to share. I like more gravy with my spetzle which was brought upon request. He had a German beer which he liked very much. There was more than enough spetzle to bring home plus some of the salad which my mom enjoyed.
We will be heading back within the next month or so with Mom in tow. There is a chicken dish I'm anxious to try so the rouladen will have to wait!!

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank katdev
Queensbury, New York
“Authentic German Food - soup and salad bar - A real value with Restaurant.com”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Ute, your german hostess who cooks all of her own creations offers authentic german food - We eat there once a month - with dishes including the Prime Rib (very good when timed fresh), Schwabentoff, Viener Snitzel and others. Desserts include German Chocolate Cake and Apple Strudel are two favorites. Dinner includes all you can eat soup and salad bar. To get a real value, look for coupon codes to lower the cost of a restaurant.com certificate. Our party of 4 had a $100 bill reduced to $50 using a $50 certificate we purchased for $2.

1 Thank kk64
Ontario
“Excellent for dinner and breakfast”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We ate here for dinner and breakfast while staying at the Ramada hotel. We enjoyed excellent food at both meals and would highly recommend.

1 Thank Amethyst2421