“Wonderful visit”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Bay Shore, New York
“Wonderful visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

After a horrible camping trip 50 miles north, where we had to leave 3 days early because our cabin was uninhabitable (but that's another review!), the Sleep Inn Queensbury was an oasis to us! The lobby was nicely decorated, modern and clean, the staff was friendly and the price was great considering you're minutes from Lake George and right near Great Escapes. We couldn't find a comparable hotel as far as price and service goes. The room was clean, updated, with a decent sized flat screen tv, refrigerator and modern decor. Several hotel employees greeted us as we passed in the halls throughout our stay. That was what impressed us-there seemed to be a sufficient amount of staff around yet no one was really in your face-they really laid low and gave you your privacy. Pool was nice, small but sufficient for our needs. Breakfast was a great ammenity-everything you would ever want for breakfast fresh and plenty of it! My husband loved not having that extra expense every day, son loved the lucky charms! The breakfast worker for Saturday was wonderful-i wish i would have gotten her name as she deserves recognition for being so sweet and helpful. The day before we arrived I checked the reviews one more time and was horrified to find the roach review-but I'm happy to say we saw no such problems while we were there. As my husband pointed out if the roach was dead then that means the hotel is doing a good job treating for insects. Two things I noticed-one i found a chocolate smear on the underside of the down comforter so hoping that was just an oversight and that the bedding is being washed on a daily basis and two-when we leave we usually check under the beds to make sure nothing gets left behind and found some one else's water bottle under the bed. Neither of these were deal breakers for us - we would stay at Sleep Inn Queensbury in a heartbeat and in fact plan to when we come to great escapes next year!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Cyncognito,
Thank you so much for your great review! It is wonderful to hear that we were able to provide you with a nice stay after a bit of a shaky start to your vacation! Thank you for your great comments about the staff - we really enjoy working with the public here at the Sleep Inn & Suites, and I'm very happy to hear that it shows. I have been sure to share your kind comments with all of the staff members here. We can't wait to see you again next year when you visit Lake George!
Most Sincerely,
Kristen Collura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I picked this hotel to stay with my family after reading the reviews.The overall stay was Ok. There were couple things that bothered me and were unacceptable:

The first one was we found a dead cockroach in the bathroom when we woke up.

The second was a rotten orange we found when we went for breakfast!

I did speak to the supervisor who was on site given it was Sunday and the manager was not available. The supervisor offered me 10% discount on the rate and offered me 1000 choice points for the Choice Plus program. As they say there are some things money can't buy and to me having a clean and hygienic room is one of them! After having this experience at Sleep Inn, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth for Sleep Inn and other Choice Hotels properties.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chinkaps
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Chinkaps,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the insect you found in your room and the piece of bad fruit. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and I am truly sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied. We do appreciate your patronage and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.
Yours In Hospitality,
Glens Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

So, out for a random workout I decided to triple my normal workout plan from 5 miles to just about 15. I was pushing my wheelchair by the Inn, which I have passed many times before. I decided to wander in to scope the place out. Was greeted by a very energetic and welcoming young lady who recognized me from my school days. Still not sure how exactly I know her but she was very pleasant. I inquired about open positions and she immediately gave me the run down and also supplied me with an application. I wasted no time filling it out. I have worked in only one previous hotel establishment. I greatly miss working in the hotel world. I am crossing everything that I can possibly cross, hoping I get this job. From what little I saw of the Inn, it is absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ryanmtucker
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Ryanmtucker,
It's wonderful to hear your enthusiasm! I am glad to know that you were greeted immediately and given thorough information about employment here. Thank you for your kind review!
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My group is planning to stay at this Sleep Inn during the week of AU 13-19. It will be our 7th year in a row, so obviously we are well pleased with our stay and value for dollars. We use the Sleep Inn for a component of a yearly trip to the Spa for Horse Racing.

It has all that we need, including the Racing Channel and the Net. The pool is a welcome respite after frying in the sun at Saratoga and the daily breakfast more than adequate. The location is close to several acceptable family Restaurants and a Walmart is across the street to stock up on daily 'supplies'. The liquor store is about 2 blocks away.

I have asked for small things during the years and never been disappointed by the Hotel staff. Recommended highly!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rookies
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Rookies,
We love having guests stay with us year after year because it's so nice to get to know everyone! Saratoga is just a short drive away and a great destination to visit with the horse racing, unique shops and tasty restaurants. It's wonderful to know that you are able to make the trip every year! Thank you so much for your kind and helpful review. I am sure to pass your comments along to the entire staff.
Most Sincerely,
Braintree MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. Location is central to both Lake George and Saratoga. Saratoga is about 20-25 minutes away. Rooms were nice & clean, beds comfortable, shower small, but nice. Pool and exercise room were a plus.

Room Tip: stay away from Outback.. poor service!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear BraintreeMADjc,
Thank you so much for your review and letting other guests know about our great location! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and take advantage of our indoor pool and exercise room. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Woodstock, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

this is the place we stay when visiting lake george all summer long for the last 5 years - last year they refurnished the lobby and the rooms - wow - wonderful decor, each room has a fridge and microwave - the beds are soooo soft and comfortable - new breakfast area - more room to enjoy your free breakfast - convenient location - close to all the mall shopping, outlets, lake george, interstate, saratoga. the staff are great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FourSisters04
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear FourSisters04,
It's great to hear that we are your hotel when you visit the Lake George area! Thank you very much for your nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed our new accommodations. Thank you for you kind comment about our staff, I will be sure to pass it along! We can't wait to see you again next summer!
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Just a minute away from The Great Escape... If you forget anything (Like I did), Walmart is across the street. Great places to eat within walking distance, like UNO and Outback Steakhouse. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were beautiful, and the breakfast was great! Also, the Front Desk saw that I had 2 children and gave them crayons and a coloring sheet! Great job, We'll be back!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CuppyCake500
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear CuppyCake 500,
It's great to hear that our location and accommodations worked so well for you and your family! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We want to make sure that all of our guests have the best stay possible, and it's so nice to hear that your family enjoyed the stay.
We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,
Kristen Collura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!