“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great place”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were in the area for our Grandsons birthday (9) . When we checked in we noticed the hotel had been renovated. Our room was clean,fresh looking and comfortable. We were near the pool but were not bothered by noise. The staff were friendly. The pillows were not good. We travel frequently and regardless of the brand the pillows are the problem. Way To soft,granular,Chicklet size comes to mind. The hotel does not have automatic sliding doors which is fun when you have a loaded cart. All this aside it was a great stay ! Thank you to the Manager and Staff your work shows

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Mo6345,
Thank you for your review! I hope your grandson had a very happy birthday! Thank you for your comments regarding our pillows - I will certainly take this into consideration when reviewing our product qualities with Choice Hotels in the future. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Kristen Collura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Our family recently rented the banquet room to celebrate our seven year olds birthday. The party guest thuroughly enjoyed the pool and I received many comments on the decor in the hotel rooms. The space was very clean and the staff were very attentive. We live loacally and often recommend the Sleep Inn to out of town guest. After this experience many of the party guest also stated they would be using the Sleep Inn for their out of town guest.

• Stayed December 2012
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Llanphear,
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday party was a hit! Thank you so much for your review - I have shared your kind comments with the staff. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you and your guests again soon!
Granville
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I had a chance for a getaway weekend which included celebrations with friends in the Queensbury Region. We booked a room at the Sleep Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and friendly staff, which far exceeded our expectations considering the price. We plan to visit again to enjoy the pool when traveling as a family. I would recommend this hotel to others travelling on a budget as it very comfortable and a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the road were quiet. Bakery nearby.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Dear Kate A,
It's nice to hear that you were able to have a quick get getaway! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and pleasant stay and I'll be sure to share your kind comments with them. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was outrunning Hurricane Sandy on my way from the Outer Banks, NC to Newark, NJ (to drop my brother off for a cruise-he's a little crazy-ship left right before port closed), home to northern VT. I found the Sleep Inn in one of the discount hotel travel guides so I did not expect that much for the price. The ad said newly remodeled and it was, beautifully. It felt like a hotel I would have spent twice as much for normally. The room was very nice and well appointed with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large flat screen. The bed was also great. They had a very nice desk and office chair and the Wi-fi was great. Breakfast was also a step up from regular continental, large selection of hot and cold items, a nice surprise. I help run a B&B in VT so I appreciate when I get personal attention. I have already recommended this hotel to others driving from NYC to our establishment. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear KinseyOBX,
I'm glad that you were able to make it home safely! Thank you so much for your great review. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed the renovations and breakfast. Our staff works hard to provide our guests with a great stay and we appreciate your recommendation! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Clean, courteous and comfortable to stay at. Easy to get to many different locations. Comfortable bed to sleep in. Felt safe there as well, since I stayed on my own. Reasonable priced. Stayed there because I read other positive interviews on it and was satisfied with my choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Dear Nemashim1,
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Dubuque,IA
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Facility was clean, up-to-date and convenient to where we wanted to be. Can't say enough about
pleasant and helpful staff. Breakfast was nice and adequate for our needs. Didn't use the pool but saw several families enjoying it. Changed the length of our stay with no problem or confusion. We would recommend the Inn without question to any of our friends or family.

Room Tip: We need a room with a shower , no tub but not a full accessible room. The ones they have are very su...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Trvlrs2,
Thank you very much! It's nice to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable base to enjoy all that the northeast has to offer during the beautiful fall season. This area has something to offer during every season, and I hope that you are able to make it back again soon!
New Preston, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I wanted to go back to my home town and see a few folks that I hadn't seen in years. My friend told me about the Sleep Inn. I reserved a King Suite for myself as I like alot of space. The service was great! The staff had to help me several times as I hadn't been anywhere to stay in years. I didn't even know how to use the card to get into the building or my room!! They laughed and walked me to my room and showed me how the card worked. I had to ask their assistance several times but was met with a smile each time. The room was spotless and really nice. The breakfast room had several items that would satisfy anyone. My room was down near the end and in back. It was very quiet considering the inn is on a main road. I would recommend this Sleep Inn to everyone. If I get to "run away" from home again, I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The room was on the ground floor and in back. It was very quiet and I could get in and out easily to...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear Pat67_12,
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to find some time to visit your home town and have a nice getaway! I shared your comments with the entire staff here and we are all so happy to know that we were able to be an enjoyable part of your time in the area. Thank you very much for your great review! I certainly hope you get another chance to "run away" from home again and come visit us again soon - we look forward it!
Kristen Collura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#10 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!