“family gathered for funeral”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had several rooms for our group, for several families with kids of all ages. They were very accommodating, and even opened one of their conference rooms to our group when we started overflowing their breakfast area. The only negative experience was discovering that the comforter had some disgusting looking stains on it, but they changed it promptly.

1  Thank Paul C
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Paul C,
We were happy to be of service during your time of need and are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us despite the unfortunate circumstances of the funeral. Thank you for sharing your experience. I sincerely apologize for the oversight in our housekeeping staff with the comforter. I have discussed the incident with the housekeeping department and we are committed to ensuring that problem does not occur again. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Queensbury.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Visited this hotel with my boyfriend for an evening in late January of 2014. The hotel was very easy to find, got a great king suite with no reservation at all. Front desk staff was very nice and seemed to take joy in her job and getting to know us. The suite itself was very clean and comfortable, the two person jacuzzi tub is worth the extra money. Two sinks in the bathroom is always a good idea, lol. The free breakfast buffet was also very good, everything from waffles to yogurt, fresh fruit, a selection of cold cereals, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage etc.

The next time i'm in the area I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek400
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Derek400,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with our staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our jacuzzi suites are perfect for those guests looking for more space or for a nice getaway. We all look forward to providing you with the same pleasant experience next time you are in town.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I rarely leave comments about my stay at a hotel but this was deserving of some serious feedback. We first checked into room #218 & at first glance everything looked fine. I had to use the wash room & there was a SWARM of ANTS on the floor, not just a few an army. I freaked out as to me this speaks volumes about the cleanliness of a hotel if they have ants in January! I have cancer & start treatment next month & can not afford to get sick so this really freaked me out. I immediately called the front desk & they met us in the room to give us keys to another room. I asked if he wanted to see them & he said no I believe you & thought it was normal to have ants in January...really? He said he would discount our room & we would of left if my son's hockey team was not staying there bc at the end of the day the amount I paid I would expect ants. The next morning there was an ant in our bathroom in room #219, I told the front desk but no one every seemed surprised??? The look of the room & hotel is fine but I could not sleep well even though I checked the bed thoroughly I couldn't stop thinking about the ants so I did not sleep well.

2  Thank KMac0211

Dear KMac0211,
Please allow me to apologize for the bad experience you had with ants in your room and the lack of service provided by our staff in remedying the situation. This is not the level of service we strive to provide, and I am very sorry this was your experience with us. I appreciate your feedback and bringing the matter to our attention. I have discussed this issue with all departments and we are committed to ensuring this problem does not occur again. If I can assist you further, please call me at (518) 955-3000 or email at gm.ny055@choicehotels.com. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Rarely do I take time write a review for anything, especially when there is nothing to complain about. In this case, everything has been AWESOME. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice showers, fridge & microwave in the room, weight room & pool, laundry room, great breakfast with tons of choices and the friendliness staff anyone could ask for. All for $93 a night including all fees and taxes. It is difficult to imagine a better value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Mary H,
Thank you for the great review and referencing so many things that you enjoyed! It is always nice to read that our service exceeded expectations, so thank you for sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor fans. Our spirited staff works hard to make sure all of our guests have the best stay, so we were all ecstatic to read your review. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Clean, quiet rooms. Good heating system in the room. Comfortable beds. Good free breakfast in the morning. A good hotel to stay at. Close to the mall in Glens Falls and tons of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear 315Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and services. We are delighted you found the property suited for your needs. I'm extremely proud of our team - they are what makes us the best! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

For the price I paid I cannot complain, the hotel was a simple sleep in but newly renovated with some nice upgrades. The Rooms were nice, and clean. I would with out a doubt return to this hotel, although It was nothing fancy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear RachelDT29,
Thank you! I am thrilled to read that you found value in our property. We work hard to provide the best accommodations and service, hot breakfast, and a very clean property. The staff was excited to read your review. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed at this complex over a dozen times we were always greeted gracefullly staff is super helpful and friendly rooms are clean and comfy thanks for the wonderful stays see you guys soon I highly recommend this hotel to anybody that is visiting the area

• Stayed: November 2013
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Thewannabechef,
Thank you so much! We love getting to know our guests and seeing them time and time again. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review on TripAdvisor. We can't wait to welcome you back for your next stay with us.
Kristen Collura

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!