“I was very disappointed in the fact that there was NO...”

Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Is there a Ramada in 2014 that isn't dilapidated and rundown? This place is exactly what one should expect with a Ramada. Walking into the hotel...or the room...is like walking back into 1985. The place is just generally rundown. The carpet, the bedding, the walls, the furniture, the air conditioner, etc., etc., are old and need to be replaced. Worse...the walls in this place are razor thin. We literally heard the conversation in the room next door. Also, like other reviewers noted, breakfast is not free.

I would personally pay the extra $ and go to a Marriott or Hilton property (Courtyard, Hampton Inn). These properties are newer, quieter, have free coffee and breakfast, contemporary styling, etc.

I wouldn't stay here again...nor would I stay in any other Ramada (I had to stay in this one because it was the only thing left in the area). Buyer beware...this is exactly what you would expect from Ramada.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor and away from elevators and stairways.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
While we may not have the newest amenities, upgrades or offer complimentary breakfasts, these are all things that we are striving to work for to make our guests happy and satisfied. If you ever chose to stay with us again we could always try to put you in a room away from guests if its available so that you don't have an issue with noise. I hope in the future you do try to come back and use us so that we can try harder to make you have a better experience.
Vernon, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have been staying at the Ramada in Queensbury during the Americade Bike Rally for 6 years straight now. The Hotel is always very clean and the rates are competitive with the competing establishments in the area.
The best part of the place is definitely the staff. They are very attentive and always greet you with a very warm welcome. I do want to single out one person in particular. Debbie from housekeeping. She is awesome. We got greeted with a hug this year and she couldn't have been more helpful. She even offered to let me park my bike at her house when she heard that I was having a mechanical issue. (thankfully I didn't need to)
Now I'm not saying that everybody will have the same relationship with the staff that we do but if you give them the chance you just might. We have already booked our room for next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
This was such a heart warming response to hear from one of our guests. All of our staff here strives to make our guests experience the best and I am so glad that you felt welcomed and comfortable here. Debbie really is the best!
Dublin
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped here for the night. It was fairly late when we arrived we got a room and were told to drive around the building. When we walked in the room it totally smelled. I am not one to complain but this was super gross. I called the front desk and they sent someone down with fabreeze. That helped for a little bit but not very long.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this place the beds were just ok the bathroom was small and the carpet was badly stained

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I stayed over a long weekend. The room is clean as well as the bathroom. The staff are friendly. And since my friend booked it for us, I found out the next morning that there was no continental breakfast. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel anyway. The food was great as well as the staff. We didn't get to try the pool, though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Queensbury Hotel
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!