What a strange place. There's a grandiose entrance driveway lined with trees and flags, but when you round the bend you discover the hotel looks like the back of a bowling alley and is right on 1-87.
Our room (#115) smelled - no, stank - of some cherry-scented cleaner. It was so bad we had to air out our clothes when we returned home.
We happened to be in the room for an hour at mid-day, and twice during that period the housekeepers entered even though the room was already done. The first time, the housekeeper knocked and then opened the door immediately. The second time, there was no knock and two other housekeepers simply wandered in, looked around and wandered out again, not even answering my greeting. I opened the door and asked them again as they walked away, "Can we help you?" One finally turned around and said they were "checking to see if you had your hangers." Uh-huh.
I've stayed at worse hotels, but never paid as much to do so - and never encountered such strange housekeeping practices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada is a Wyndham property conveniently located at Exit 19 off I-87 (the Northway). We are just 10 minutes from Lake George and 15 minutes from Saratoga and the Race Track. Six Flags Great Escape Amusement Park is only 5 minutes away and we offer highly discounted tickets for the Park to guests of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Queensbury/Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Glens Falls/Lake George Area Hotel Queensbury
- Ramada Queensbury/Lake George New York
- Ramada Hotel Queensbury
- Queensbury Ramada