“Nice location.”

Wakita Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
“Nice location.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and the pool was awesome!! The girl made sure we had everything we needed in our room, everyday. Perfect for the great escape because we walked over and didn't have to pay for parking.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank amanda d
CISManager1, Public Relations Manager at Wakita Motel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading our review and your experience is exactly what we hope every guest experiences when they stay with us. We hope to see you again soon when your plans bring you back to Lake George!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My nephew requested his birthday party out of the area, so my family and I stayed at the Wakita for two nights.
I haven't read the other two reviews on here but I am flabbergasted at a 2 star rating. No, it wasn't high tech but in all reality, what are you really looking for in a motel room? I personally look for a comfortable bed and great location. When I got to the room, it was clean; smelled good and had hot water. The partnership with Country Inn and Suites is nice because of breakfast. Martha's across the street; Great Escape next door; Lake George Village about a 5 minute drive depending on outlets (another perk) traffic and a drive in very close. Nephew had a great time and I enjoyed the area and my room very much.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Robert L
CISManager1, Public Relations Manager at Wakita Motel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property .I thoroughly enjoyed reading your kind words. Your experience is exactly what we hope every guest experiences when they stay with us. The 5/5 is fantastic and we want everyone to leave us feeling well taken care of. Thank you for mentioning so many of the details about our location for the other travelers researching the area, although I'd like to point out that our Wakita property doesn't have a partnership with the Country Inns & Suites which offers a breakfast and Wakita does not include a breakfast. We hope to see you again soon when your plans bring you back to Lake George!
Northfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've read the other review and agree that the $154 room rate (including tax) is a total ripoff. I stayed in August 2013 and again a week ago (August, 2014). The first time I had a room at the Country Inn but they were overbooked and asked if I'd go lowbrow (my words, not theirs). They gave me a break at $90 a night (plus tax). This year they tried getting me for $143 (including tax) but I reminded them how I bailed them out last year and they gave me the room for $110 (including tax).
Actually, I'd prefer staying there to up in the Country Inn where little screaming kids control the corridors and turn the place into a giant, noisy romper room. Yes it's an old motel down below (I'd say it was built about 1950) but it's solidly constructed and it had what I wanted-- a decent bed and comfortable pillows, an air conditioner (who cares about central AC?), a good hot shower and a color TV-- but no channel guide.
Free coffee was available up at the Inn, and so was internet access. As for a phone, who uses hotel phones anymore?
My room didn't smell and I didn't care about not having a hair dryer.
I was alone. It met my needs-- I was going to the thoroughbred track and rooms in Saratoga cost $300 a night and more.
The hyped-up kids were all asleep by 10 p.m. and the roller coaster right next to my room was shut down at 9 p.m. Believe me, once you've heard one roller coaster ride full of screaming kids you've heard 'em all.
But to reiterate, these rooms aren't worth paying more than $99 a night plus tax, no matter what time of the year. And yeah, they should ditch the cheap plastic chairs.
Decent deals are what earn loyalty, not chocolate chip cookies.

Room Tip: Room 27 at Wakita didn't smell and met my needs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chip A
Tim M, Manager at Wakita Motel, responded to this review, 21 April 2017
As a member of the new Wakita Motel management team I wanted to take this opportunity to reply to this three year old review. We've made a number of significant improvements since this review was submitted.
We are located next to the Six Flags Great Escape fun park. No need to pay the parking fee you can simply walk to the park. We also sell discounted one day park tickets and this year we will also be selling a deeply discounted 3 day park access ticket. Our neighbor across the street is the well know Marthas ice cream stand, home of Martha’s Dandee cream and the new Martha’s grill as well.
I really can’t speak to the guest’s experience three years ago. However, I can tell you if you are looking for comfortable accommodations, at a reasonable price, when visiting Lake George or the Adirondack Park this summer you’ve found your place here at the Wakita Motel! You will not be disappointed!
New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Wakita Court Hotel
1130 Route 9, Queensbury, NY 12804
Note: Don’t confuse these “rooms” with Country Inn Suites. This place is like an annex to the building of Country Inn Suites. They lure you in with that name and when you get there they’ll tell you, “go downhill and take your car there too”. When you rent a room with Country Inn Suits, make sure it’s not one of the rooms at its foothill shed. Here you’ll get no breakfast, a 30 years old TV, no telephone, no central air conditioning, no hair dryer, no iron, no coffee, broken tiles on the walls outside, rooms stink horribly, broken plastic chairs...it’s a nightmare! This place ruined our trip. They had the guts to suggest that we get a refund and go somewhere else; knowing it was a long weekend and schools were closed for summer vacation and there were no rooms available anywhere within the 50 miles radius!

Misrepresented worn out rooms. We were lured into booking two rooms thinking it was Country Inn Suites because we got the booking confirmation from countryinn.com! This was clearly unfair (address is the same as Country Inn Suites but these rooms are out of Country Inn Suites building and at its foothill). These are like makeshift rooms without even a telephone that you can use to call for service! Smelly rooms with reeking mattresses. We tried to warm up milk in the microwave for our kids and blew the fuse! We were sitting in complete dark before they fixed it. (I used my cell phone to call them, there’s no phone in the room). We had to move from our original room to another because the smell was horrible in that room...mold plus filth! No breakfast, no iron, no hair dryer, no coffee in the room. If there is coffee machine, there's no coffee, if there's coffee, there's no sugar and creamer, if there's TV, there's no remote control, if there's a lamp, it won't work! This is our firsthand experience, all these things happened in those two rooms in two nights we stayed. These are some rooms built in a shed and probably in the 1910 or so. We were charged $154 ($139 + tax) a night! The rooms are not worth $30! On Google, 1130 Route 9 shows Country Inn Suites (which has good reviews) we thought Watika was an old name for the place because it shows both names, we didn't know we were renting a makeshift room with a 30 years old TV and stinking beds at the foothill of Country Inn Suites. First thing in the morning I jumped out of bed to take a shower because I smelled of the filthy mattress! And my family followed the suit. The management shouldn't have offered these rooms to a family with small kids. They knew we were with small kids. At the time of booking I asked for extra pillows for the kids to keep them from falling off the bed at night and on arrival reminded the receptionist again; didn't work. It was embarrassing the way I was told to go down the hill and park my car there too. If you don't mind all that...then the location is perfect otherwise…STAY away!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MirrorMalik
Tim M, Manager at Wakita Motel, responded to this review, 21 April 2017
As a member of the new Wakita Motel management team I wanted to take this opportunity to reply to this four year old review. The Wakita is a separate property, sharing the street address of the Country Inn and Suites. Over the four years we have made some major improvements on the property; all the mattresses have been replaced, with new bedding, all rooms have flat screen TVs with cable, new in room coffee makers and room air conditioners.
We are located next to the Six Flags Great Escape fun park. No need to pay the parking fee you can simply walk to the park. We also sell discounted one day park tickets and this year we will also be selling a deeply discounted 3 day park access ticket. Our neighbor across the street is the well know Martha's ice cream stand, home of Martha’s Dandee cream and the new Martha’s grill as well.
I really can’t speak to the guest’s experience four years ago. However, I can tell you if you are looking for comfortable accommodations, at a reasonable price, when visiting Lake George or the Adirondack Park this summer you’ve found your place here at the Wakita Motel! You will not be disappointed!

Travellers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#70 of 89 in Lake George
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Wakita Motel? Share your experiences!